5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Alzheimer’s rates continue to soar. But don’t expect drug companies to swoop in and save the day anytime soon. Because no matter how much money Big Pharma dumps into developing drugs for Alzheimer’s, they all end up as big, fat failures. But it gets worse… so MUCH worse. Incredibly, some of Big Pharma’s most popular...
When it comes to reducing your risk of cancer, every little (or BIG) bit helps. Like exercise, which can lower your risk of certain cancers by 40-50 percent. Or maintaining healthy vitamin D levels, which can lower your risk up to 67 percent. When you string together enough of these cancer-risk reducers, you’ll have a...
Mainstream medicine teaches you to reach for a pill when you get sick, are in pain, or feel tired. But I prefer a unique, drug-free treatment instead. A powerful solution that does everything from reducing pain and inflammation to increasing hormone levels and immune function. Best of all? This simple therapy is quick and 100...
One of the biggest pitfalls of mainstream medicine is that it is primarily symptom-based. They have a separate drug to treat every symptom you can imagine. But all too often, uncovering and treating the underlying CAUSE of those symptoms never happens. And when the drugs cause side effects, they pile on even MORE meds to...
I’m a BIG fan of vitamin D. And so is your body. In fact, it’s hard to overstate how critical this superstar nutrient is for your health. The sunshine vitamin is a key player in bone and tooth strength. It supports a healthy immune system so your body can fight off illnesses. It can even...
They say with age comes wisdom. But you and I both know the truth. With each passing year comes a few extra POUNDS. Gaining weight as you age almost seems inevitable. After all, you watch what you eat like a hawk… count every calorie… exercise all the time… and drink enough water to float a...
Name just about any major disease… like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, stroke, or depression. And I’ll give you a SINGLE, drug-free solution that could slash your risk for every one of them. Sounds almost too good to be true, right? But wait, I’m not done yet. This solution couldn’t be simpler to implement. Plus, believe it...
Whenever we talk about dieting, it’s laser-focused on one thing. And that, of course, is LOSING WEIGHT. Now, if you’re overweight, that’s of course an important goal. But weight loss alone isn’t the ONLY thing you ought to be thinking about… Shedding the RIGHT KIND of weight is critical too. Because all fat isn’t the...
If you had your way, you’d forget your arthritis even existed. You’d go ahead and live your life on your own terms. But arthritis won’t let that happen. Instead, it insists on reminding you of its painful presence all day long. Opening a jar, grasping a knitting needle, or tying a shoe can all lead...
The holidays are headed our way like a speeding bullet. Sure, this may be the most wonderful time of year. But it’s also one of the most stressful. Between social obligations and shopping, it’s really no wonder that by the time we hit New Year’s Eve we’re exhausted and ready to rip our hair out....