5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Just because something is common, it DOESN’T make it safe. And neither does “being natural” mean it’s okay for everyone. This is true of anything—including supplements. That’s why I was so alarmed when I found out that 20 percent of children and pre-teens are taking a supplement I’ve warned about in the past. The use...
If you want to live SIGNIFICANTLY longer, don’t get type 2 diabetes. After all, this diagnosis sends your risk of heart attack, stroke, kidney problems, and even cancer soaring. Of course, avoiding diabetes (or wrestling it into submission) may seem much easier said than done. (But I can help you. More on that in a...
You’ve likely given some thought to the size of your muscles over the years or your (growing) waistline. But have you ever considered the size of your brain? You SHOULD. Our brains naturally shrink some with age. But a faster shrink is bad news. Symptoms like memory deficits, comprehension problems, or disorientation can all be...
Like the lung cancer I wrote just a few days ago, breast cancer’s survival rate is highest when it’s caught EARLY. But this doesn’t just mean getting cancer screenings. It also means regularly looking for WARNING SIGNS at home. Most women know that discovering a lump in their breast warrants a trip to their doctor....
They say you are what you eat. I agree: Eat a healthy diet, and you’ll feel good. Eat an unhealthy one, and you’ll feel crappy. But I’ll take it a step further. Your BIOLOGICAL AGE is also what you eat. Research is starting to prove that certain dietary choices translate directly to a longer life....
Do you know the leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide? Most people guess breast or colon cancer… But neither is correct. It’s lung cancer. Even more surprising for most folks is you DON’T have to have been a smoker to be a lung cancer victim. We ALL could be at risk. So, whether you smoke...
The weather has turned, and the holiday season is in full swing. And while this IS the most wonderful time of year, it’s ALSO the most hectic. My “prescription?” A relaxing cup of herbal tea. Most people think green tea is the healthiest you can drink. Green tea DOES provide bunches of benefits. But, it...
The GOOD news about thyroid cancer is that the 5-year survival rate is 98 percent. The BAD news is that annual cases are expected to double in the next 30 years. This alarming trend has had scientists scrambling to figure out WHY. And what they discovered is downright disturbing. And it’s something that affects ALL...
You might not be able to turn back your chronological clock. But you can definitely turn back your biological one. Your biological age refers to how old your cells are. Scientists call it your phenotypic age. Having a younger biological clock is why certain people “look young for their age.” A recent study gives us...
The message is FINALLY sinking in. Stress is bad for your health. It impacts your mood, messes with your energy levels, and can even harm your cognitive function. But it turns out chronic stress does FAR more damage than meets the eye. And there’s one hidden harm it causes that can literally KILL you… Stress...