5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Pain. For many people, it’s a four-letter word. And if you’re waiting for Big Pharma to concoct a safe, effective treatment, don’t hold your breath. Fortunately, you don’t need Big Pharma to KNOCK OUT stubborn pain. Because the best treatment for pain isn’t something you’ll find in your medicine cabinet… and it’s not a pill...
Heart disease, colon cancer, and diabetes are three of the killers of American seniors. And instead of focusing on one way to prevent heart disease, another way to prevent cancer, and so on, the mainstream should be focused on ONE simple cure for all three… But there’s no money to be made from such a...
When it comes to health and medicine, we have it very backward here in America. Health organizations promote things like diet soda while demonizing meat and eggs. It’s like we’re living in a world of opposites. Case in point: Scientists have identified a summer weed that’s jam-packed with vital nutrients and can lower your blood...
There are all kinds of body parts that start shrinking with age—and unless you’re talking about your waistline, none of them are good. But the worst of all has to be your brain. You can’t see it happening (like you can with, say, your muscles), but you can’t miss the effects. It can start as...
Going to the doctors these days is so predictable. You walk in thinking you feel fine, and walk out with a long list of prescriptions you’re supposed to take for the rest of your life. That’s not medicine. That’s drug pedaling. My goal as a doctor is to keep you OFF of prescription drugs, and...
Cancer. That six-letter word is a life-changer for anyone who hears it. Cancer therapies have come a long way, but they still leave a lot to be desired… as evidenced by the fact that cancer remains the nation’s number two killer. That’s why I’m always encouraging you to take proactive steps to make sure you...
I don’t know why modern medicine is always trying to reinvent the wheel. Grandmothers and medicine men have been treating, preventing, and curing common ailments with nature’s medicines for as long as time. Most of the drugs Big Pharma cooks up in their labs don’t come anywhere close to what nature provides in your back...
If you’re diabetic or pre-diabetic, you know there are certain foods you CAN’T have. We typically talk about the cakes and pastries, but most doctors will also have you swearing off healthier foods like fruit because of their sugar content. But as usual, that advice is short-sited. Because it fails to account for the protective...
How long has it been since you’ve indulged in cheese pizza, fried chicken, or even a glass of fresh-squeezed OJ without paying the price? If you’re on the millions suffering from heartburn, the answer is probably “too long.” If this is hitting a little too close to home, I have exciting news for you today. ...
You’ve heard the saying, “Have your cake and eat it, too.” If you’re diabetic or prediabetic, that’s all that is… a saying. Because eating cake, pizza, and cookies, and everything else that makes you happy – is a big no-no. Well if you’re trying to stave off diabetes, I’ve got great news for you today. ...