5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
If you have Multiple Sclerosis, you already know how the pain… vision problems… and mobility can really impact your quality of life. I’ve talked to you before about the miracle nutrient that reduces your risk of developing multiple sclerosis. And in people who already have it, it can reduce the symptoms. Now, a recent study...
When doctors try to figure out the underlying cause of depression, they usually look for what’s going wrong in your brain. But they’re looking in the wrong place. According to the latest research, there’s another part of the body that plays a major role in depression – and it has nothing to do with what’s...
It’s no secret that what you eat can have a HUGE impact on your heart. And the same is true when it comes to food’s impact on your brain? Eating processed foods – like packaged meals, desserts, and artificial sweeteners – can give you brain fog… and even lead to depression and other mental health...
When your car gets a tune-up, it runs better – and lasts a whole lot longer. The same is true for your body. If you don’t get regular “oil changes” for your body, it will start to get sluggish – and that can show up in all kinds of ways. Stiff joints, wrinkled skin, lack...
The idea of finding the elusive fountain of youth is probably as old as time itself. I don’t believe such a thing exists, but I do believe that there are ways to keep yourself looking and feeling vibrant and youthful. Science has proven that there are ways to help you live longer. Now, according to...
If you’re prediabetic, you’re skating on thin ice. Even though you haven’t crossed that line into full-blown diabetes, you’re not far from it. Prediabetics already have trouble with insulin, which causes blood sugar levels to be higher than they should be. But instead of panicking about it, think of it as your body’s wake up...
If you’re not thinking about ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease, you should be. Deaths from Alzheimer’s disease are on the rise. And it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. But while there is still no cure for this disease, there are steps you can take to make sure you never get...
It happens all the time in restaurants. Folks eat their carb-heavy, processed meal and leave all the garnish for the garbage. But what if I told you that the stuff everyone tosses out is likely one of the most power diabetes fighters Mother Nature has to offer? Well, it’s true. Because researchers have found that...
“I’m not in the mood.” Women have a reputation for saying those five words. But whether men admit it or not… we’ve all gone through times when we just don’t feel like it either. If that’s you, I’ve got great news for you today. Because there’s a proven way to get you – and your...
We all grew up with our grandmothers telling us that carrots are good for our eyes. I’m not about to argue with Grandma. But while her sage wisdom is still true, researchers have recently uncovered a food that’s even better. In fact, it can lower your risk of the leading cause of blindness by a...