5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Dementia has skyrocketed in recent years. But despite the alarming number of people who are suffering from it — and the staggering number of research dollars into a solution — there is still no cure. That’s not surprising, though, since researchers still don’t really know what causes it. That’s why ANYTHING that can give you...
If you have insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes, you might be taught to believe that you need to avoid from fruit. In fact, your own DOCTOR may have even told you to steer clear! But numerous studies have shown that certain fruits are actually GREAT for diabetics. In fact, a recent study just identified...
Overall rates of cancer are on the decline — but certain types of cancer are skyrocketing. One of those is colorectal cancer. It’s currently the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in the US (after lung cancer). But it’s increasing in prevalence — and is popping up in younger and younger people. What’s causing this...
Lack of sleep can do more than just make you groggy and miserable… It also increases your risk of mood changes, high blood pressure, weight gain, heart disease, diabetes, low sex drive, weakened immune system, and more. If you’re struggling with sleep, there are steps you can take to increase the quality and quantity of...
Insulin sensitivity is key when it comes to maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. It’s what unlocks your cells so that sugar can go from your bloodstream into your cells, to be utilized for energy. But see, people who are obese tend to have poor insulin sensitivity — which is a stepping stone to insulin resistance,...
When it comes to pain problems, migraines rank right up there at the top of the list. They’re one of the most common causes of chronic pain, loss of work, and poor quality of life. A severe migraine attack can last from three hours to three DAYS. And to make a bad situation worse, most...
Liver disease is on the rise around the world. Rates of liver cancer have more than doubled in the past 40 years. And other conditions, like chronic liver disease and fatty liver disease are on the rise as well. And non-alcoholic fatty liver disease affects nearly a quarter of everyone in the US! The good...
Chronic pain is a major problem here in the US. An even bigger problem is that there aren’t any safe methods for treating it. Opioids are highly addictive, and even OTC drugs like NSAIDs can increase your risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, and bleeding. But let’s get to the real question: What’s...
You don’t have to have type 2 diabetes for your blood sugar to be wreaking havoc on your body. In fact, studies have shown that even before you reach the prediabetes threshold, high blood sugar levels could already be causing irreparable damage. That means that the time to manage your blood sugar levels is NOW....
When doctors talk about things that increase your risk of an early death, you usually hear about risk factors like blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and smoking. But there’s one BIG factor they’ve been completely overlooking. According to a recent study, this single risk factor is an even bigger predictor of all-cause mortality than the...