5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Q: I’ve been dealing with varicose veins for years. I’m so embarrassed by them that I won’t wear shorts—or even go swimming—in the summer. Plus, they constantly burn and itch. I don’t want to have surgery. Are there any natural treatments I can try? -Dorothy M. Dr. G: Anyone who suffers from varicose veins knows that...
You know that carrying around extra weight is a huge threat to your health. Being overweight puts you on the fast track to heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and an early death. But here’s why I think more people don’t lose weight — it’s just too darned hard! You practically starve yourself and you work out like...
I’m going to cut right to the chase. How would you like to start falling asleep TWICE as fast? How does an extra 84 minutes of sleep each night sound to you? I’ve probably treated THOUSANDS of patients with sleep problems over the years. And here’s something I’ve learned: most “sleep aids” on the market...
Q:I have trouble sleeping almost every night. I’ve tried sleeping pills, but I hate how they make me feel the next day. And I feel like they’ve stopped working. What do you recommend? -Gina S., Binghamton, NY Dr. G.: You’ve heard me say before just how important your circadian rhythm is for regulating your sleep. ...
Everywhere you turn, someone is telling you how important it is to eat healthy. But what on Earth does that mean? There’s so much conflicting health information out there these days, I don’t blame you if you’re confused. But there are 7 food lies that have been spreading for years, and MILLIONS of people have...
You don’t have to be a doctor to know that dementia cases are SKYROCKETING these days. We all know someone who has been affected… who has had their memory and personality slowly destroyed by this devastating disease. Scientists say we’re seeing more dementia because of the poor foods we eat… or because of all the...
Big Pharma is making an absolute KILLING selling diabetes medications. Insulin and metformin have always been dirt cheap… but you knew that wouldn’t last. Now, there are diabetes drugs on the market that cost THOUSANDS of dollars a year. But you don’t have the break the bank to control your blood sugar. There’s a simple...
If you’ve ever head a heart attack, you’re probably doing everything in your power to avoid another one. And that’s the right idea. Your risk of dying goes through the roof after a second heart attack. But sometimes what you THINK you should be doing is the exact OPPOSITE of what you should actually be...
If you’re living with rheumatoid arthritis, you know what a nightmare it is. The pain, swelling, and stiffness can make life unbearable. And you probably have a medicine cabinet full of drugs all promising relief. But maybe it’s time to ditch the medicine cabinet… and turn to your pantry instead. Because there’s a good chance...
A new study has unveiled the leading cause of death in America. And it isn’t heart disease. It isn’t cancer. It’s not diabetes. In fact, it’s not a disease at all. But it’s a risk you need to know about—because there’s a good chance it’s ALREADY wrecking your health. To determine the leading cause of...