5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
I’ve told you before that when you eat is just as important as what you eat. Many studies have shown this to be true when it comes to factors like weight and blood sugar control. But according to a recent study, the timing of your meals can ultimately have an impact on the most critical...
When it comes to losing weight, it can feel like you’re spinning your wheels. Maybe you start off strong and then revert to old habits. Maybe the weight comes off easily at first, but then sputters out. Or maybe you’ve found that no matter how hard you work, the weight just won’t come off. The...
If you’ve been searching for the Fountain of Youth, look no further. Scientists have identified a drink that can reduce the risk of conditions like… Parkinson’s disease Heart disease Certain types of cancer Type 2 diabetes And more… And now, a recent study has shown that having a cup of this health elixir on a...
If you’re not paying attention to your blood pressure, it’s time to get on the ball. Hypertension is the number one risk factor for heart disease, which is the number one killer in the U.S. This fact always frustrates me, because your blood pressure is something completely within your control. Not only is hypertension preventable…...
COVID-19 is trying hard to be in our rearview mirrors. Still, regardless of COVID-19’s current status, you should still be taking active steps to strengthen your immune system. Doing so will help ensure that you prevent any kind of infection—from the common cold to COVID and everything in between. Here are five all-start supplements for...
If you have type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes, chances are good that your doctor is on your case about what you’re eating. That’s a good start. Diet does play a major role in the management of the condition. But it’s not the only factor—not by a long shot. In fact, there’s one change you can...
There are some things that are obviously bad for you. Smoking, donuts, and sitting too much come to mind. But others slip under the radar, impacting the health and wellbeing of most people in ways you don’t even realize. One thing in particular can do more than cause major issues like heart disease, diabetes, and...
They say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Sleep is one of those things. If you’ve found yourself struggling to fall asleep, if you lie awake watching the minutes and hours tick by, or if you’re starting your day at 3:00a.m. (because you KNOW you’re not going to go back to sleep)…...
Isn’t it nice to know that any time you have a UTI, a sinus infection, or strep throat, you can get a prescription for an antibiotic and start feeling better in days? And typically, the infection itself can be completely knocked out in two weeks or less. It’s the miracle of modern medicine. Now, imagine...
You probably already know that exercise is good for you. But how much is enough to boost your heart health? And even better question: how much is enough to help you live longer? A recent study asked that question about seniors, and the answer might surprise you. Researchers tracked 2,800 men from 65 or older...