5 Foods SABOTAGING Your Pain Relief!
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here).
I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives.
One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and it was one of her favorite things to do. But thanks to the pain in her knees, she’s had to stop.
I want to help you conquer pain once and for all.
So today I want to start with one simple change you can make.
Believe it or not, there are five foods that could be causing your pain… and sabotaging your efforts at relief.
And getting these foods out of your diet will put you on the path to living the pain-free life you deserve.
By now you probably know that inflammation plays a huge role in pain.
But what you may not realize is that many of the foods you eat can trigger massive inflammation… and pain.
Here are five of the worst foods you can eat:
- Sugar. This one is hard to ignore—and even harder to avoid. Even if you don’t put it in your coffee or tea, it’s found in fruit juices, donuts or pastries, ice cream, bread… it’s even in canned foods like spaghetti sauce. The problem with sugar is that it is one of the worse inflammatory foods on the planet.
- Aspartame. This artificial sweetener is a toxic, foreign substance that your body identifies as an intruder and treats it as such—which causes even more inflammation.
- Trans fats. These bad fats are loaded in processed foods, frozen foods, fast food, donuts, and margarine. Like sugar, trans fats trigger inflammation throughout the body. If it lists partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list, put it down and move on.
- Refined carbohydrates. These include pretty much any of the “white” foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes. These are high-glycemic foods that cause your body to produce harmful materials called advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause inflammation and speed up the aging process.
- Factory-raised meat. I’m a big fan of meat and fish…as long as it’s organic or wild-caught. Factory meats come from animals fed processed junk foods, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, and raised dens of filth and disease. This can wreak all sorts of havoc on your body, but in particular, this type of meat pumps your bloodstream full of bacterial toxins that flood your body with inflammation.
The bottom line is that cleaning up your diet can be one of the best things you can do to manage chronic pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Every drug comes with a risk. It’s the manufacturer’s job to be upfront about those risks… and it’s your doc’s job to warn you about them… and it’s your job to understand them. Because when drug information is handled this way, you can make the best possible decision about your health. Well, that’s what’s supposed to happen....
Doctors have all sorts of advice for diabetics. And “eat right” and “exercise” are right at the top of the list. I’m not arguing the benefits of exercise, but what if you physically can’t? If that’s you (or even if you just don’t want to), I’ve got GREAT news for you. There’s a steamy secret that can...
For years, heart disease has been the #1 cause of death right here in the U.S… and across the globe. This harrowing disease has taken the lives of millions of folks, most of them seniors. But this may not be the case for much longer. According to a study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, there’s...
If you have arthritis, you already know how the pain really wrecks your quality of life. Like the aching in your fingers that makes knitting impossible. Or the stiffness in your knees that keeps you from playing on the floor with your grandchildren. The bad news is that there is no cure. And mainstream options...
Let’s be honest. Most diets focus on just one thing: weight loss. But what if there was a diet that could help you lose the type of weight that really messes with your health? Well, there is. And it will help you TORCH you the belly fat that leads to diabetes, cancer and other serious disease. ...
It’s a classic case of the chicken or the egg. The connection between sleep and diseases like obesity and diabetes are well documented. Most people believe that sleep problems are a side effect of these conditions… but research shows that it’s often the other way around. But things are about to get worse for folks with...
As you get older, gaining wait seems like a fact of life. You count every calorie… exercise all time… and drink enough water to float a boat… yet the pounds just keep packing on. And if you’re passing on a certain “forbidden” food, you may never stop getting bigger. You’ve probably avoided this food for years...
I hear it all the time from my patients. They’re just “too tired” to do the things they love. And if you’re over 55, you might know that feeling, too. It’s as if someone unplugged your battery… and then your energy slowly drains out of your body. But it doesn’t have to be this way. ...
The name Michael J. Foxx has become synonymous with Parkinson’s disease. But he is just one of millions suffering from this heartbreaking brain disease – which is now the second most common neurodegenerative disease (after Alzheimer’s). And despite of the research there is still no cure. Or is there? Scientists from Australia just found a way...
For most folks, being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is nothing short of a death sentence. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to live for next the year or maybe two. If you’re not lucky you could be gone in a matter of weeks. And Big Pharma offers you no help… just sickening chemo and scorching radiation...