6 Weird CURES for Pain, Depression, and More
Do you know why Big Pharma tries so hard to discredit natural solutions for whatever ails you?
It’s because natural substances can’t be patented – which means there’s no real money in them.
But even though you won’t hear about them from your doctor, there are natural treatments for just about any ailment you can think of.
And many of them can take the place of those side-effect-laden over-the-counter drugs.
Here are six herbal remedies that can cure from arthritis and sexual issues to the common cold and anxiety.
- In pain? Instead of reaching for an NSAID like Advil, take some turmeric instead. Turmeric’s main ingredient, curcumin, is one of nature’s most potent anti-inflammatories. And inflammation is at the root of chronic pain. You can take it in capsule form, or make “golden milk,” which is a mixture of coconut milk, turmeric, and a pinch of black pepper (and sweetener to taste).
- Not in the mood? Try some maca powder. Plenty of studies have shown maca’s libido-boosting powers. In one study, men that took 3 grams of maca every day for 8 weeks reported heightened sexual desire. In another study, maca was able to increase libido in men and women taking SSRI antidepressants (drugs that are known to kill your sex drive). The best way to enjoy maca powder is to blend it into a smoothie.
- Suffering from anxiety? An herb called skullcap has been shown to significantly decrease anxiety in people suffering from high anxiety. Best of all, it works without causing brain fog or making you groggy. You can consume skullcap by brewing it in a tea.
- Have a cold? There are natural treatments that can not only help relieve your symptoms but can also shorten the duration of the cold. Three of the best include vitamin C, echinacea, and zinc. For the best results, take them as soon as you notice symptoms.
- Depressed? Now that medical marijuana has been legalized in most states, take advantage of it! CBD — the non-psychoactive component in marijuana—can bring about such remarkable improvements in patients with depression and anxiety that many people report being able to stop taking their drugs altogether.
- Want to lower your blood pressure? The solution here isn’t herbal, but it is 100% natural. I call it “vitamin N” for Naps. A recent study showed that people who take afternoon naps tend to have a blood pressure reading 5 points lower than those who don’t.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
“Bearded Tooth” Fungus Regrows Brain Cells?!
There’s a rare mushroom that goes by MANY names… But we should add the nickname “Smart Mushroom” to the list because of its ability to support cognitive health and brain function. Previous studies have shown this fungus can help improve cognitive function, protect against memory loss, and reduce symptoms of depression. In a recent study,...
Tackle BOTH Sleep and Mood Problems
I love using unconventional methods to treat common problems. And by unconventional, I mean anything other than what the mainstream would tell you to do. Take mood and sleep problems, for example. Too many people get a prescription and are sent on their merry way. I call that “getting written off.” Instead, I’ve found a...
Top 5 Joint Pain Supplements
If you’re living with joint pain, you don’t want Band-Aids… you want solutions. Typically, it occurs as a result of two underlying problems: Inflammation Cartilage breakdown If you address those two issues, you can get to the ROOT of joint pain. But traditional heavy-duty painkillers often come with unwanted side effects… Some inexpensive supplements can...
HIDDEN Heart Attack Trigger (Beware)
At first glance, my home state of Arizona and Hawaii have little in common. But both share an important distinction. Neither participates in the risky practice of daylight saving time (DST). It’s just one of the many reasons I love living here. The rest of the country shifted their clocks forward by an hour nearly...
Is This Bathroom Habit Triggering CANCER?
It’s always a good idea to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals. This can include things like ditching the Roundup to kill weeds in your yard or replacing your bathroom cleaner with natural solutions like vinegar and essential oils. But as you’re making the switch to a “cleaner” lifestyle, I’m guessing you never considered tossing...
Can Mouthwash STOP Arthritis Flare-ups?
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you’ll do anything to prevent a flare-up. These painful episodes can be caused by stress, lack of sleep, overexertion—or sometimes, seemingly nothing at all. Usually, the quickest way to get to the other side is to calm out-of-control inflammation, bringing it under control as quickly as possible. But what’s CAUSING...
Are YOU Activating Alzheimer’s Genes?
If there was an on/off switch for Alzheimer’s disease, you’d want to ensure it stayed in the OFF position, right? Well, it turns out you DO have one. In fact, it’s not just one but HUNDREDS. Because these Alzheimer’s switches come in the form of your GENES. These genes are turned ON or OFF based...
BOOST Sagging Energy with 5 Supplements
Have you noticed that the older you get, the less you tend to do the things you love? Maybe you used to “cut a rug” swing dancing on Friday nights. But now you stay home to watch the latest episode of Grace and Frankie through your closed eyelids. Or maybe you used to play tennis...
Sleep Hack Boosts Memory and Alertness
Sometimes you wake up from a deep sleep feeling groggy—even after a full night’s rest. Have you ever wondered why that is? No matter how many hours you’re in bed, you might not be getting the quality sleep needed to feel alert. And that doesn’t just leave you feeling like you’ve been hit by a...
Surprising "More for Less" Knee Pain Solution
Rest. When you do something like sprain an ankle or strain an elbow it’s the FIRST thing you do. You instinctively know you need to give the joint some “time off” to recover. And it works. Because typically the swelling recedes and the pain subsides. And it’s not long before you’re back in the swing...