7 Foods That SLASH Inflammation
Inflammation is the classic case of “too much of a good thing.”
In small doses, inflammation actually helps our bodies heal from things like cuts, bruises, and infections.
But long-term, chronic inflammation can be a killer.
It’s been linked to joint pain… diabetes… heart disease… cancer… Alzheimer’s… and lots more.
And anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin wreak havoc on your liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Luckily, there are 7 “super foods” that can help you slash high inflammation levels naturally.
Even better? They run CIRCLES around prescription drugs.
- Berries. Numerous types of berries contain a plant compound called anthocyanins that have been shown to help prevent anti-inflammatory disorders. Blueberries in particular have been shown to regulate “heat shock proteins” in the brain – an important benefit that reduces the inflammation linked to neurodegenerative disorders. And another type of berry – strawberries – has been shown to help relieve the pain and inflammation of knee osteoarthritis.
- Cayenne pepper. This hot spice contains a compound called capsaicin that can help tame inflammation. Ointments made of capsaicin are known for their pain-relieving effects, and consuming cayenne pepper has been shown to help relieve back pain.
- Leafy greens vegetables, like kale and spinach, contain high levels of calcium and magnesium – two critical minerals necessary for calming overactive inflammatory responses.
- Ginger. One study found that ginger was just as effective as cortisone at reducing inflammatory compounds called cytokines – and superior to ibuprofen. Of course, the big difference is that ginger fights inflammation without piling on the side effects.
- Olive oil. This Mediterranean staple is loaded with an anti-inflammatory compound called oleic acid. It’s no wonder, then, that studies show that consuming olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric. This one should come as no surprise. Turmeric contains a well-known inflammation-fighter called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin can help heal tendonitis, a painful condition that involves inflammation of the tendons.
- Celery and celery seeds. This one doesn’t get much recognition, but it should. Celery (and its seeds) contain more than 20 anti-inflammatory compounds – including a well-known compound called apigenin. In addition, studies have shown that an extract of celery seeds is as effective as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen at relieving arthritis pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
When I was growing up, I didn’t know anyone with Alzheimer’s. These days, it’s rare NOT to know some afflicted with this disease. And according to research, the number of folks affected by this devastating condition is going to more than double in the next few decades. But you don’t have to be the next victim....
When your memory starts to slip, it can change your whole world. It’s not just about losing your keys or forgetting a name. It’s about not being able to find your way home, making poor decisions with your money, and having difficulty following a conversation. There might not be a cure for Alzheimer’s yet, but...
If you have type 2 diabetes, you’ve probably been told it’s a life sentence. In other words, once you have it, you’ll always have it. Your doctor probably also told you that the best you hope for was to “manage” your condition and “minimize” complications. Well,I have better news. Because according to the latest research,...
When you think of things that cause cancer, the usual suspects come to mind. Smoking… processed foods… and household chemicals to name a few. And that’s why you avoid those things. But no matter how hard you try to avoid cancer-causing foods or substances, you’re still vulnerable to this top killer if you have a...
Sabotage. That’s what mainstream medicine does to your health. They sell you a drug to fix one problem, knowing full well it’ll lead to two more. And that’s how they get a customer for life. This is especially the case with diabetes. Because if you’re one of the 17 million people following certain “doctor’s orders,”...
Hands down, keeping your blood pressure under control is one of the best ways to keep your heart healthy. High blood pressure increases your risk of heart attacks and strokes, aneurysms, heart failure, metabolic syndrome, dementia, and more. But here’s the good news: You have complete control over your blood pressure. And if you incorporate...
Stomach problems like bloating, painful constipation, and occasional diarrhea can make you miserable. We’ve all been there… and at one point or the other stomach issues have made you miss an important event… or ruined a special night. And we all know that you can fill your medicine cabinet full of so-called solutions that don’t...
We all know that antibiotic resistance is a MAJOR threat to seniors. It’s already killed thousands of us, and it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Researchers are frantically searching for a solution to antibiotic-resistant superbugs – and a lot of natural solutions are showing real promise. But the key to...
What would you do to get relief from your pain? You might joke that you’d give up your left kidney. But giving up your heart? That’s just too far. Well, if you’re taking one popular painkiller, you’re probably doing exactly that. Because according to a recent study, it increases your odds of developing a deadly...
Colon cancer is one of the most common cancers in the U.S. It kills over 100,000 people every year, many of them seniors. And even if you survive this cancer, its side effects can impact your quality of life forever. It’s not unusual for people to experience bowel blockage, abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, or sexual...