7 Foods That SLASH Inflammation
Inflammation is the classic case of “too much of a good thing.”
In small doses, inflammation actually helps our bodies heal from things like cuts, bruises, and infections.
But long-term, chronic inflammation can be a killer.
It’s been linked to joint pain… diabetes… heart disease… cancer… Alzheimer’s… and lots more.
And anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin wreak havoc on your liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Luckily, there are 7 “super foods” that can help you slash high inflammation levels naturally.
Even better? They run CIRCLES around prescription drugs.
- Berries. Numerous types of berries contain a plant compound called anthocyanins that have been shown to help prevent anti-inflammatory disorders. Blueberries in particular have been shown to regulate “heat shock proteins” in the brain – an important benefit that reduces the inflammation linked to neurodegenerative disorders. And another type of berry – strawberries – has been shown to help relieve the pain and inflammation of knee osteoarthritis.
- Cayenne pepper. This hot spice contains a compound called capsaicin that can help tame inflammation. Ointments made of capsaicin are known for their pain-relieving effects, and consuming cayenne pepper has been shown to help relieve back pain.
- Leafy greens vegetables, like kale and spinach, contain high levels of calcium and magnesium – two critical minerals necessary for calming overactive inflammatory responses.
- Ginger. One study found that ginger was just as effective as cortisone at reducing inflammatory compounds called cytokines – and superior to ibuprofen. Of course, the big difference is that ginger fights inflammation without piling on the side effects.
- Olive oil. This Mediterranean staple is loaded with an anti-inflammatory compound called oleic acid. It’s no wonder, then, that studies show that consuming olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric. This one should come as no surprise. Turmeric contains a well-known inflammation-fighter called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin can help heal tendonitis, a painful condition that involves inflammation of the tendons.
- Celery and celery seeds. This one doesn’t get much recognition, but it should. Celery (and its seeds) contain more than 20 anti-inflammatory compounds – including a well-known compound called apigenin. In addition, studies have shown that an extract of celery seeds is as effective as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen at relieving arthritis pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
One of my problems with mainstream medicine is that every problem has a separate drug to treat it. And when that drug causes side effects? They just pile on more drugs to treat them. Nature’s approach is much more efficient – and this latest study is a perfect example of that. A recent study has...
Imagine it… Waking up with improved blood sugar… more joint flexibility… better energy… and a sharper memory. And when you look in the mirror? Fewerwrinkles… and taut, youthful skin. In fact, your friends and family might even say you look and act decades younger. If you’re like most seniors, this probably sounds too good to be...
If you’re like most women, you’d do just about anything to avoid breast cancer. That’s why you never miss your routine mammogram. The only problem is? Mammograms only catch cancer AFTER you have it. But you shouldn’t have to cross your fingers and hope for best. Now you don’t have to. Because researchers have uncovered a certain...
Cervical cancer is nothing to mess with. It’s one of the leading causes of cancer death among women… and it can be difficult to detect. Your mainstream doctor pushes routine Pap smears because they can detect changes in the cervix BEFORE cancer develops. It sounds good… the problem is that it only detects around 50% of...
Maintaining healthy vitamin D levels is one of the best things you can do for your health. But short of getting your blood levels checked, how can you really know if you’re getting enough? It turns out there’s an easier way to find out if your vitamin D levels are up to snuff. You don’t...
Prostate cancer kills thousands of American men every year… many of them seniors. In fact, this disease is so prolific that a new case is diagnosed every three minutes. And that’s why you’re doing everything you can to make sure you’re not the next victim. But according to a new study, having a certain condition makes...
It’s a new year! And you’re probably ready to make some changes. If you’re looking to improve your health in 2019, you should start with your sleep. Not getting enough sleep can lead to anxiety and depression… impair your memory and cognitive function… even cause you to gain weight. Now, researchers discovered yet another SHOCKING...
If you have never damage, you know how miserable it can be. Maybe you’ve got stabbing pains in your back…. or a burning feeling in your legs you deal with all day… or even numbness in your fingers and toes. Even worse? Once your nerves are damaged, they will be that way FOREVER. And that’s...
I’ve talked a lot about antibiotic resistance recently – and for good reason. It’s a MAJOR threat to your health that could take us back to the Dark Ages. But antibiotic resistant superbugs are just part of the story. It turns out that bacteria could be deadly for an entirely different reason. In fact, they...
It amazes me how often the mainstream medical community gets heart health wrong. Take statins to lower heart risk… WRONG. Avoid meat to help you heart… WRONG. Even the new blood pressure guidelines? You guessed it… WRONG. Now, the list just got longer. Because there’s something else they’re telling you to avoid to “protect” your...