7 Foods That SLASH Inflammation
Inflammation is the classic case of “too much of a good thing.”
In small doses, inflammation actually helps our bodies heal from things like cuts, bruises, and infections.
But long-term, chronic inflammation can be a killer.
It’s been linked to joint pain… diabetes… heart disease… cancer… Alzheimer’s… and lots more.
And anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin wreak havoc on your liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Luckily, there are 7 “super foods” that can help you slash high inflammation levels naturally.
Even better? They run CIRCLES around prescription drugs.
- Berries. Numerous types of berries contain a plant compound called anthocyanins that have been shown to help prevent anti-inflammatory disorders. Blueberries in particular have been shown to regulate “heat shock proteins” in the brain – an important benefit that reduces the inflammation linked to neurodegenerative disorders. And another type of berry – strawberries – has been shown to help relieve the pain and inflammation of knee osteoarthritis.
- Cayenne pepper. This hot spice contains a compound called capsaicin that can help tame inflammation. Ointments made of capsaicin are known for their pain-relieving effects, and consuming cayenne pepper has been shown to help relieve back pain.
- Leafy greens vegetables, like kale and spinach, contain high levels of calcium and magnesium – two critical minerals necessary for calming overactive inflammatory responses.
- Ginger. One study found that ginger was just as effective as cortisone at reducing inflammatory compounds called cytokines – and superior to ibuprofen. Of course, the big difference is that ginger fights inflammation without piling on the side effects.
- Olive oil. This Mediterranean staple is loaded with an anti-inflammatory compound called oleic acid. It’s no wonder, then, that studies show that consuming olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric. This one should come as no surprise. Turmeric contains a well-known inflammation-fighter called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin can help heal tendonitis, a painful condition that involves inflammation of the tendons.
- Celery and celery seeds. This one doesn’t get much recognition, but it should. Celery (and its seeds) contain more than 20 anti-inflammatory compounds – including a well-known compound called apigenin. In addition, studies have shown that an extract of celery seeds is as effective as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen at relieving arthritis pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Everyone is looking for the silver bullet for the coronavirus. They’re coming up short, and I don’t think that will change anytime soon. But there’s a natural supplement that’s been shown effective against other viruses… including other forms of coronaviruses. It hasn’t been tested on its own against this new, novel coronavirus —but I, for...
“You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” “All washed up.” “Over the hill.” I’m tired of society programming you to think that you should start expecting less out of life once you reach a certain age. Last I checked, chronological age is NOT a marker of vitality—physically OR mentally. Truth is, it’s never too...
Have you had a colonoscopy recently? It’s one of the few cancer screening tests I recommend—and get myself—because of how safe and accurate it is. Identifying and removing a precancerous polyp can literally save your life. But the fact that colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death shows that not enough people...
If you’re living with heart disease, you might feel like your “ticker” is more like a ticking time bomb. That it’s only a matter of time before you’re facing a heart attack… or worse. Big Pharma and mainstream medicine prey on this fear to talk you in to drugs and procedures that can cause far...
In the past few weeks, I’ve highlighted the dangers of some of the most popular drugs on the market. Like how proton pump inhibitors for stomach acid can increase your risk of dementia. And how statins can triple your risk of type 2 diabetes. But what I’m going to warn you about today is even...
The true test of whether any drug, procedure, or medical device really works is if it can help you live longer. The same is true for natural techniques as well. That’s why I was so excited to read about a study that highlights a simple lifestyle change that can actually reduce your risk of dying...
If you had to choose between heartburn and dementia, which would you choose? You’d think that’s a no-brainer. Heartburn, of course! But every person who routinely takes a popular class of heartburn drugs may be choosing dementia. And they’ve never been warned. Researchers have uncovered a serious link between dementia and these blockbuster, billion-dollar meds....
Heart disease doesn’t discriminate. While it is the leading killer of men in the US (killing nearly 350,000 men per year), women aren’t far behind that number, at 300,000 deaths per year. A recent study found a hidden culprit that’s causing a woman’s risk of heart disease to skyrocket. And, men, this is a warning...
Last week I told you about a popular food that does NOT negatively impact your heart: eggs. Today, I’m sounding the alarm about a “hidden” ingredient that can actually DOUBLE your risk of dying from heart disease. You’re probably eating it every single day… and you don’t even know it. Find out what it is…...
You know the saying, “Too much of a good thing.” That applies perfectly to a controversial Alzheimer’s treatment. In the past, the mainstream rejected it because it works for psychiatric issues… and can have some long term health effects when given in a “therapeutic” doses. But a recent study showed that these doses are too...