7 Foods That SLASH Inflammation
Inflammation is the classic case of “too much of a good thing.”
In small doses, inflammation actually helps our bodies heal from things like cuts, bruises, and infections.
But long-term, chronic inflammation can be a killer.
It’s been linked to joint pain… diabetes… heart disease… cancer… Alzheimer’s… and lots more.
And anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin wreak havoc on your liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Luckily, there are 7 “super foods” that can help you slash high inflammation levels naturally.
Even better? They run CIRCLES around prescription drugs.
- Berries. Numerous types of berries contain a plant compound called anthocyanins that have been shown to help prevent anti-inflammatory disorders. Blueberries in particular have been shown to regulate “heat shock proteins” in the brain – an important benefit that reduces the inflammation linked to neurodegenerative disorders. And another type of berry – strawberries – has been shown to help relieve the pain and inflammation of knee osteoarthritis.
- Cayenne pepper. This hot spice contains a compound called capsaicin that can help tame inflammation. Ointments made of capsaicin are known for their pain-relieving effects, and consuming cayenne pepper has been shown to help relieve back pain.
- Leafy greens vegetables, like kale and spinach, contain high levels of calcium and magnesium – two critical minerals necessary for calming overactive inflammatory responses.
- Ginger. One study found that ginger was just as effective as cortisone at reducing inflammatory compounds called cytokines – and superior to ibuprofen. Of course, the big difference is that ginger fights inflammation without piling on the side effects.
- Olive oil. This Mediterranean staple is loaded with an anti-inflammatory compound called oleic acid. It’s no wonder, then, that studies show that consuming olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric. This one should come as no surprise. Turmeric contains a well-known inflammation-fighter called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin can help heal tendonitis, a painful condition that involves inflammation of the tendons.
- Celery and celery seeds. This one doesn’t get much recognition, but it should. Celery (and its seeds) contain more than 20 anti-inflammatory compounds – including a well-known compound called apigenin. In addition, studies have shown that an extract of celery seeds is as effective as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen at relieving arthritis pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of weekly exercise to boost heart health. But let’s face it. If you’re overweight and out of shape, just thinking about doing that much exercise can be overwhelming. The good news? It only takes a fraction of that time to make a dramatic difference in your heart health....
Scientists have been searching in vain for a CURE for Alzheimer’s disease. While some drugs may help lessen symptoms in the short term, scientists aren’t even close to a cure. But maybe that’s because they’ve been looking in the wrong place. Instead of focusing on what’s going on in the brains of dementia patients, maybe...
Just because something is common, it DOESN’T make it safe. And neither does “being natural” mean it’s okay for everyone. This is true of anything—including supplements. That’s why I was so alarmed when I found out that 20 percent of children and pre-teens are taking a supplement I’ve warned about in the past. The use...
If you want to live SIGNIFICANTLY longer, don’t get type 2 diabetes. After all, this diagnosis sends your risk of heart attack, stroke, kidney problems, and even cancer soaring. Of course, avoiding diabetes (or wrestling it into submission) may seem much easier said than done. (But I can help you. More on that in a...
You’ve likely given some thought to the size of your muscles over the years or your (growing) waistline. But have you ever considered the size of your brain? You SHOULD. Our brains naturally shrink some with age. But a faster shrink is bad news. Symptoms like memory deficits, comprehension problems, or disorientation can all be...
Like the lung cancer I wrote just a few days ago, breast cancer’s survival rate is highest when it’s caught EARLY. But this doesn’t just mean getting cancer screenings. It also means regularly looking for WARNING SIGNS at home. Most women know that discovering a lump in their breast warrants a trip to their doctor....
They say you are what you eat. I agree: Eat a healthy diet, and you’ll feel good. Eat an unhealthy one, and you’ll feel crappy. But I’ll take it a step further. Your BIOLOGICAL AGE is also what you eat. Research is starting to prove that certain dietary choices translate directly to a longer life....
Do you know the leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide? Most people guess breast or colon cancer… But neither is correct. It’s lung cancer. Even more surprising for most folks is you DON’T have to have been a smoker to be a lung cancer victim. We ALL could be at risk. So, whether you smoke...
The weather has turned, and the holiday season is in full swing. And while this IS the most wonderful time of year, it’s ALSO the most hectic. My “prescription?” A relaxing cup of herbal tea. Most people think green tea is the healthiest you can drink. Green tea DOES provide bunches of benefits. But, it...
The GOOD news about thyroid cancer is that the 5-year survival rate is 98 percent. The BAD news is that annual cases are expected to double in the next 30 years. This alarming trend has had scientists scrambling to figure out WHY. And what they discovered is downright disturbing. And it’s something that affects ALL...