7 Foods That SLASH Inflammation
Inflammation is the classic case of “too much of a good thing.”
In small doses, inflammation actually helps our bodies heal from things like cuts, bruises, and infections.
But long-term, chronic inflammation can be a killer.
It’s been linked to joint pain… diabetes… heart disease… cancer… Alzheimer’s… and lots more.
And anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin wreak havoc on your liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Luckily, there are 7 “super foods” that can help you slash high inflammation levels naturally.
Even better? They run CIRCLES around prescription drugs.
- Berries. Numerous types of berries contain a plant compound called anthocyanins that have been shown to help prevent anti-inflammatory disorders. Blueberries in particular have been shown to regulate “heat shock proteins” in the brain – an important benefit that reduces the inflammation linked to neurodegenerative disorders. And another type of berry – strawberries – has been shown to help relieve the pain and inflammation of knee osteoarthritis.
- Cayenne pepper. This hot spice contains a compound called capsaicin that can help tame inflammation. Ointments made of capsaicin are known for their pain-relieving effects, and consuming cayenne pepper has been shown to help relieve back pain.
- Leafy greens vegetables, like kale and spinach, contain high levels of calcium and magnesium – two critical minerals necessary for calming overactive inflammatory responses.
- Ginger. One study found that ginger was just as effective as cortisone at reducing inflammatory compounds called cytokines – and superior to ibuprofen. Of course, the big difference is that ginger fights inflammation without piling on the side effects.
- Olive oil. This Mediterranean staple is loaded with an anti-inflammatory compound called oleic acid. It’s no wonder, then, that studies show that consuming olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric. This one should come as no surprise. Turmeric contains a well-known inflammation-fighter called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin can help heal tendonitis, a painful condition that involves inflammation of the tendons.
- Celery and celery seeds. This one doesn’t get much recognition, but it should. Celery (and its seeds) contain more than 20 anti-inflammatory compounds – including a well-known compound called apigenin. In addition, studies have shown that an extract of celery seeds is as effective as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen at relieving arthritis pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
If you’re a man over 60, you’ve probably noticed a few changes in recent years… none of them good. Maybe your muscles have shrunk… or your energy has tanked… or your sex life has become non-existent. Sounds like a giant drag – but it doesn’t have to be that way. I’m 66, and I feel...
If you’re not thinking about heart health, it’s time to get on the ball. It remains the nation’s number one killer… and even though some estimates indicate that cancer could top that list soon enough, heart disease will still kill hundreds of thousands in the coming years. I don’t want you to be one of...
Long before we had an FDA, pharmaceutical companies, synthetic drugs, and an epidemic of chronic disease, we had medicine men who learned to harness the healing power of plants. These healers knew how to use the leaves, roots, stems, and just about any part of any plant to treat just about any disease. And it...
The biggest crisis in modern medicine isn’t finding a cure for cancer or curbing the heart disease epidemic. It’s the looming threat of antibiotic-resistant infections. Bacteria are figuring out how to outlive antibiotics… and creating a scary future where even the most minor infection could turn deadly. But there’s good news…. Canadian researchers believe that...
It’s hard to know what to eat these days. Foods villainized a few years ago are now getting the green light – some of the key ones being eggs, full-fat dairy, and butter (and it’s about time). I’ve been eating them all along. But if you’re adding them back into your diet, there’s something you...
I’m always frustrated by high blood pressure. High blood pressure increases your risk of heart attacks and strokes, aneurysms, heart failure, metabolic syndrome, dementia, and more. And more than 100 million people in the US have it. But it is completely preventable. I’ve talked to you about all sorts of ways to keep your blood...
There’s a lot more to brain health than avoiding Alzheimer’s and dementia. You want to be able to recall the lead actor from your favorite movie… easily keep up with the conversation when you’re with a group of friends… and make sure you’re not vulnerable to things like phone scammers. Sure, there are many healthy...
If you suffer from heartburn on a regular basis, you’ve probably begged your doctor for a solution. And I’m sure he was happy to oblige… with a prescription for a proton pump inhibitor like Prilosec or Prevacid. You likely breathed a sigh of relief thinking you would finally be rid of the heartburn and acid...
Cancer treatment has come a long way… but not far enough if you ask me. After all, cancer is predicted to overtake heart disease as the number one killer. And since there’s no sign of a cure coming anytime soon, the best thing you can do is to take steps to make sure you never...
Arterial stiffness is just what it sounds like. It’s a condition that occurs when your arteries become stiff and inflexible, which drives up your blood pressure and makes your heart work overtime. As you might imagine, this can increase the risk of heart attack, strokes, dementia, and ultimately, death. You’ve probably been told to take...