7 Foods That SLASH Inflammation
Inflammation is the classic case of “too much of a good thing.”
In small doses, inflammation actually helps our bodies heal from things like cuts, bruises, and infections.
But long-term, chronic inflammation can be a killer.
It’s been linked to joint pain… diabetes… heart disease… cancer… Alzheimer’s… and lots more.
And anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin wreak havoc on your liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Luckily, there are 7 “super foods” that can help you slash high inflammation levels naturally.
Even better? They run CIRCLES around prescription drugs.
- Berries. Numerous types of berries contain a plant compound called anthocyanins that have been shown to help prevent anti-inflammatory disorders. Blueberries in particular have been shown to regulate “heat shock proteins” in the brain – an important benefit that reduces the inflammation linked to neurodegenerative disorders. And another type of berry – strawberries – has been shown to help relieve the pain and inflammation of knee osteoarthritis.
- Cayenne pepper. This hot spice contains a compound called capsaicin that can help tame inflammation. Ointments made of capsaicin are known for their pain-relieving effects, and consuming cayenne pepper has been shown to help relieve back pain.
- Leafy greens vegetables, like kale and spinach, contain high levels of calcium and magnesium – two critical minerals necessary for calming overactive inflammatory responses.
- Ginger. One study found that ginger was just as effective as cortisone at reducing inflammatory compounds called cytokines – and superior to ibuprofen. Of course, the big difference is that ginger fights inflammation without piling on the side effects.
- Olive oil. This Mediterranean staple is loaded with an anti-inflammatory compound called oleic acid. It’s no wonder, then, that studies show that consuming olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric. This one should come as no surprise. Turmeric contains a well-known inflammation-fighter called curcumin. Studies show that curcumin can help heal tendonitis, a painful condition that involves inflammation of the tendons.
- Celery and celery seeds. This one doesn’t get much recognition, but it should. Celery (and its seeds) contain more than 20 anti-inflammatory compounds – including a well-known compound called apigenin. In addition, studies have shown that an extract of celery seeds is as effective as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen at relieving arthritis pain.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Most of my patients are SHOCKED when I tell them the news… The biggest threat to your health… and the best predictor of how long you’ll live… isn’t your genes or your family medical history. It’s literally EVERYTHING else around us. From the food we eat to the air we breathe, we’re SURROUNDED by toxins...
“I just wish I could do it all over again.” I can’t tell you how many times a patient has sat in my office and uttered those very words. They want their health back… they want to feel the energy, vitality, and DRIVE they had 30 or 40 years ago. And it’s possible… in fact, I’m...
So-called health “experts” are full of ideas on how to improve your brain (and that’s not all they’re full of). They’ll tell you to try Sudoku puzzles… or learn a new language. The only problem? Practically NOBODY is going to do these things. Most folks will take the risk of cognitive decline before they order...
Getting older is tough enough. But I’ll admit, lots of women have it especially hard. That’s because they’re faced with the going through the “change of life” – menopause. Menopause can unleash a barrage of symptoms like hot flashes, sleep problems, mood swings, bone loss and decreased sex drive. Most doctors will load you up with...
When you’re diagnosed with prostate cancer, you can practically hear the surgeons sharpening their scalpels. They just can’t WAIT to cut you open… either by hand, or with one of those fancy new robots. Meanwhile, lots of guys who get prostate cancer surgery will tell you it was the worst decision of their lives. It can...
When you’re suffering from arthritis, it can feel like you have no good options. You can just deal with the pain… or pop addictive and deadly opioid drugs… or you can go under the knife. Some choices, huh? How about another choice? Like NONE OF THE ABOVE? Because a new study has revealed a powerful way...
There are some docs who will tell you that diseases like dementia are a matter of genetics. If you have the wrong genes, you’re basically doomed. But that’s total nonsense. As many as 50% of dementia cases are due to factors that are completely within your control… things like high blood pressure, obesity, and smoking. Now,...
Following mainstream advice is like following a moving target. What’s good for you one day is labeled as bad the next. One the flip side, certain foods that have been demonized for decades are suddenly hailed as superfoods. Case in point? One “forbidden” food is now turning out to be a heart-health hero. And it...
If you’re trying to avoid diabetes, chances are you’re watching what you eat pretty closely. But what if you’ve been given bad advice? What if you’re going about diabetes prevention all wrong? According to a recent study, watching what you eat is only part of the equation… and it’s not even the most important part....
Ask most doctors how to prevent a heart attack, and they’ll give you the standard reply. Ditch all the junk food, lose 20 pounds, and work out every single day. That’s not bad advice… except NOBODY is going to do it. I’ve been practicing medicine for nearly 40 years. And I know that asking people to...