8 Ways to Live Longer (and See LOTS More Christmases)
I hope you’re surrounded by friends and family today, and that you’re feeling truly blessed.
And guess what? I’m not going to tell you to skip the Christmas cookies or put down the eggnog and head to the gym.
Today, I want to give you 8 ways to live longer… and to make sure you see next Christmas and lots of Christmases thereafter.
Here are my 8 fun – and proven – ways to add years to your life.
- Take a vacation! The Framingham Heart Study followed 12,000 people who were at risk of a heart attack. It showed that the more often men took vacations, the longer they lived. The benefits extended to women as well. Those who took 2 vacations per year were 8 times less likely to develop heart disease.
- Get married. The words “for better or worse” aren’t included in your wedding vows for nothing. But regardless of life’s ups and down, marriage is great for helping you live longer. One study found that being married reduced the risk of premature death in middle age, while those who weren’t married were twice as likely to die early. If you’re already married, give your wife a big “thank you!”
- Have more sex! A study in the British Medical Journal showed that those who have sex regularly have 50 percent less risk of dying from a heart attack. If you want to live long, I can’t think of a better way to do it.
- Get a pet. Anyone with a pet knows how much they add to our families — but I bet you didn’t know they add YEARS to your life as well! One study showed that people who had pets were much more likely to survive having a heart attack.
- Sing! This one might seem silly, but this simple act can decrease stress, improve heart health, and help prevent depression… so it’s no wonder it was also found to help you live longer too. (Quality of singing had no impact on the results of the study.) Maybe volunteer for the church choir.
- Volunteer. I find that people who dedicate themselves to helping others have a better outlook on life and seem to be healthier in general. And according to one study, if you volunteer at two or more organizations, you could extend your life by 44 percent.
- Go to church. People who go to church regularly tend to have lower blood pressure and better immune systems, so it’s no surprise that they live longer, too.
- Spend time in the sun! By now you know that I think getting plenty of natural sunlight in the morning is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Studies show that those who spend the most time in the sun have less heart disease and live longer. There may be less sunlight this time of year, but still try to spend some time outside.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
People talk about sexual dysfunction like it’s something that primarily affects men. Newsflash! As you get older, women are just as likely to experience problems as their partners. I’ve always said that your love life shouldn’t come with an expiration date–but that means that BOTH partners need to be up for the task. A few...
I know how it is. When you’re in pain, you just want some relief. That’s why so many people put up with the side effects of pain medication. They’re willing to risk the side effects… just to make the pain stop a little. But what if you didn’t have to make that choice. What if...
Call me crazy, but I don’t believe your sex life should come with an expiration date. But so many men these days have trouble performing that doctors treat it like it’s normal. It’s not. And that means you don’t have to just live with it—or resign yourself to taking a prescription pill that may (or...
I used to tell my sons to act their age. But I have to tell you… I have a hard time following my own advice. I don’t want to act my age. Whether I’m biking, mountain climbing, or hiking, I want to keep up with guys HALF my age. Let me tell you how I...
If you want learn the secrets to living longer and healthier, here’s what you should do. Study the people who tend to live the longest and healthiest. And one of the best examples lives right here in the United States: the Amish. Back in the early 1900s, the Amish were routinely living into their 70s,...
If you’re struggling to control your blood pressure, let me tell you something you’ve probably learned the hard way. Mainstream medicine doesn’t have a CLUE how to treat the problem! They tell you to cut out the salt… to stop eating your favorite foods… or to spend a FORTUNE on some pricey gym membership. And...
I’ve been reading your responses to my heart-health survey… and I have to say, I’m IMPRESSED. Lots of people don’t think about their heart health until a problem develops. But readers like you are staying on top of it. And today I’m going to give you another powerful solution you’ll NEVER hear about in a...
When your doctor tells you to start eating healthier, it can send chills up your spine. You start seeing images of steamed kale, endless salads, beet juice, and other less-than-exciting options. Sure, you can eat those things if you like them. But whoever said that eating healthy means depriving yourself of tasty treats? Not me!...
You won’t hear doctors or nutritionists talk about it much, but it’s hard to overstate the importance of the mineral iodine. Iodine is absolutely essential for heathy thyroid function. If you’re not getting enough, your thyroid can’t produce enough hormones, and can that wreak all kinds of havoc on your health. That’s because iodine—and healthy...
If you suffer from aching knees… painful hips… or throbbing shoulders, wrists and fingers… you know how hard it is to find relief. And each year, the pain gets a little worse, doesn’t it? How would you like to end that cycle for good? Because I’ve developed a powerful new supplement that helps REBUILD smooth,...