8 Ways to Live Longer (and See LOTS More Christmases)
I hope you’re surrounded by friends and family today, and that you’re feeling truly blessed.
And guess what? I’m not going to tell you to skip the Christmas cookies or put down the eggnog and head to the gym.
Today, I want to give you 8 ways to live longer… and to make sure you see next Christmas and lots of Christmases thereafter.
Here are my 8 fun – and proven – ways to add years to your life.
- Take a vacation! The Framingham Heart Study followed 12,000 people who were at risk of a heart attack. It showed that the more often men took vacations, the longer they lived. The benefits extended to women as well. Those who took 2 vacations per year were 8 times less likely to develop heart disease.
- Get married. The words “for better or worse” aren’t included in your wedding vows for nothing. But regardless of life’s ups and down, marriage is great for helping you live longer. One study found that being married reduced the risk of premature death in middle age, while those who weren’t married were twice as likely to die early. If you’re already married, give your wife a big “thank you!”
- Have more sex! A study in the British Medical Journal showed that those who have sex regularly have 50 percent less risk of dying from a heart attack. If you want to live long, I can’t think of a better way to do it.
- Get a pet. Anyone with a pet knows how much they add to our families — but I bet you didn’t know they add YEARS to your life as well! One study showed that people who had pets were much more likely to survive having a heart attack.
- Sing! This one might seem silly, but this simple act can decrease stress, improve heart health, and help prevent depression… so it’s no wonder it was also found to help you live longer too. (Quality of singing had no impact on the results of the study.) Maybe volunteer for the church choir.
- Volunteer. I find that people who dedicate themselves to helping others have a better outlook on life and seem to be healthier in general. And according to one study, if you volunteer at two or more organizations, you could extend your life by 44 percent.
- Go to church. People who go to church regularly tend to have lower blood pressure and better immune systems, so it’s no surprise that they live longer, too.
- Spend time in the sun! By now you know that I think getting plenty of natural sunlight in the morning is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Studies show that those who spend the most time in the sun have less heart disease and live longer. There may be less sunlight this time of year, but still try to spend some time outside.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
When it comes to reducing your risk of life-threatening issues like heart disease and stroke, most people focus on two biggies: Diet Exercise Sure, they go a long way toward keeping you alive and kicking, but there’s more you can do to lower your risk. Researchers have just identified a medical condition that can dramatically...
Did you know that hospitals are one of the most dangerous places on earth? Sure, sometimes they’re necessary, beneficial, and even life-saving. But if you have to go to one, I recommend getting in and out as fast as possible… because hospital-acquired infections make about 2 million Americans sick every year. And they kill over...
We all know that Big Pharma’s drugs can give you plenty of nasty side effects. But can they cause cancer? According to an alarming new study, the answer is YES. Even worse? One particular drug that is meant to TREAT cancer is actually causing people to relapse. But you don’t have to be one of...
If you’ve ever suffered from back pain, you’re in good company. More than 80% of adults have experienced back pain at least once in their lives. And I guess that for most of you, it’s been far more than once. But before you reach for that ibuprofen (again), try one of these natural remedies instead....
If you’re looking for a reason for our rising depression statistics, here’s a good one for you: Over 30 million men in the U.S. have sexual performance problems. But just because ED is common… it doesn’t mean that this condition is normal. And you shouldn’t be forced to pop a pricy blue pill to be...
Sometimes lowering your risk of dying from heart disease or stroke can seem daunting. No one wants to change their diet… join a gym… or even just cut out French fries! Now you don’t have to. You can make giant strides in your heart health with some very small, very simple changes. And this five-second...
There are a lot of reasons that Alzheimer’s disease is tragic. The fact that it’s both progressive and incurable is right up there at the top of the list. For people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, the best you can hope for is to slow it down as much as possible… giving you as...
Brain health is something that should be on everyone’s radar – especially with Alzheimer’s disease projected to reach epidemic proportions in the next 30 years. But keeping your memory sharp as the years go by and avoiding dementia are two very different issues. And if your primary concern right now is remembering those items on...
I’m not a fan of flu shots. Never have been, never will be. What that DOESN’T mean is that I think you should be unprotected this flu season. What it DOES mean is that there are better, safer, and more effective ways to stay healthy. Today I’m going to tell you about a rather unusual...
The “fat will make you fat” mantra is just more bad health advice perpetuated by Uncle Sam. The true cause of weight gain and diabetes is sugar and carbohydrates—not good, healthy fats. Now there’s science to prove it! A recent study shows that one of the fattiest fruits on the planet can actually help you...