8 Ways to Live Longer (and See LOTS More Christmases)
I hope you’re surrounded by friends and family today, and that you’re feeling truly blessed.
And guess what? I’m not going to tell you to skip the Christmas cookies or put down the eggnog and head to the gym.
Today, I want to give you 8 ways to live longer… and to make sure you see next Christmas and lots of Christmases thereafter.
Here are my 8 fun – and proven – ways to add years to your life.
- Take a vacation! The Framingham Heart Study followed 12,000 people who were at risk of a heart attack. It showed that the more often men took vacations, the longer they lived. The benefits extended to women as well. Those who took 2 vacations per year were 8 times less likely to develop heart disease.
- Get married. The words “for better or worse” aren’t included in your wedding vows for nothing. But regardless of life’s ups and down, marriage is great for helping you live longer. One study found that being married reduced the risk of premature death in middle age, while those who weren’t married were twice as likely to die early. If you’re already married, give your wife a big “thank you!”
- Have more sex! A study in the British Medical Journal showed that those who have sex regularly have 50 percent less risk of dying from a heart attack. If you want to live long, I can’t think of a better way to do it.
- Get a pet. Anyone with a pet knows how much they add to our families — but I bet you didn’t know they add YEARS to your life as well! One study showed that people who had pets were much more likely to survive having a heart attack.
- Sing! This one might seem silly, but this simple act can decrease stress, improve heart health, and help prevent depression… so it’s no wonder it was also found to help you live longer too. (Quality of singing had no impact on the results of the study.) Maybe volunteer for the church choir.
- Volunteer. I find that people who dedicate themselves to helping others have a better outlook on life and seem to be healthier in general. And according to one study, if you volunteer at two or more organizations, you could extend your life by 44 percent.
- Go to church. People who go to church regularly tend to have lower blood pressure and better immune systems, so it’s no surprise that they live longer, too.
- Spend time in the sun! By now you know that I think getting plenty of natural sunlight in the morning is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Studies show that those who spend the most time in the sun have less heart disease and live longer. There may be less sunlight this time of year, but still try to spend some time outside.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
“Bearded Tooth” Fungus Regrows Brain Cells?!
There’s a rare mushroom that goes by MANY names… But we should add the nickname “Smart Mushroom” to the list because of its ability to support cognitive health and brain function. Previous studies have shown this fungus can help improve cognitive function, protect against memory loss, and reduce symptoms of depression. In a recent study,...
Tackle BOTH Sleep and Mood Problems
I love using unconventional methods to treat common problems. And by unconventional, I mean anything other than what the mainstream would tell you to do. Take mood and sleep problems, for example. Too many people get a prescription and are sent on their merry way. I call that “getting written off.” Instead, I’ve found a...
Top 5 Joint Pain Supplements
If you’re living with joint pain, you don’t want Band-Aids… you want solutions. Typically, it occurs as a result of two underlying problems: Inflammation Cartilage breakdown If you address those two issues, you can get to the ROOT of joint pain. But traditional heavy-duty painkillers often come with unwanted side effects… Some inexpensive supplements can...
HIDDEN Heart Attack Trigger (Beware)
At first glance, my home state of Arizona and Hawaii have little in common. But both share an important distinction. Neither participates in the risky practice of daylight saving time (DST). It’s just one of the many reasons I love living here. The rest of the country shifted their clocks forward by an hour nearly...
Is This Bathroom Habit Triggering CANCER?
It’s always a good idea to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals. This can include things like ditching the Roundup to kill weeds in your yard or replacing your bathroom cleaner with natural solutions like vinegar and essential oils. But as you’re making the switch to a “cleaner” lifestyle, I’m guessing you never considered tossing...
Can Mouthwash STOP Arthritis Flare-ups?
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you’ll do anything to prevent a flare-up. These painful episodes can be caused by stress, lack of sleep, overexertion—or sometimes, seemingly nothing at all. Usually, the quickest way to get to the other side is to calm out-of-control inflammation, bringing it under control as quickly as possible. But what’s CAUSING...
Are YOU Activating Alzheimer’s Genes?
If there was an on/off switch for Alzheimer’s disease, you’d want to ensure it stayed in the OFF position, right? Well, it turns out you DO have one. In fact, it’s not just one but HUNDREDS. Because these Alzheimer’s switches come in the form of your GENES. These genes are turned ON or OFF based...
BOOST Sagging Energy with 5 Supplements
Have you noticed that the older you get, the less you tend to do the things you love? Maybe you used to “cut a rug” swing dancing on Friday nights. But now you stay home to watch the latest episode of Grace and Frankie through your closed eyelids. Or maybe you used to play tennis...
Sleep Hack Boosts Memory and Alertness
Sometimes you wake up from a deep sleep feeling groggy—even after a full night’s rest. Have you ever wondered why that is? No matter how many hours you’re in bed, you might not be getting the quality sleep needed to feel alert. And that doesn’t just leave you feeling like you’ve been hit by a...
Surprising "More for Less" Knee Pain Solution
Rest. When you do something like sprain an ankle or strain an elbow it’s the FIRST thing you do. You instinctively know you need to give the joint some “time off” to recover. And it works. Because typically the swelling recedes and the pain subsides. And it’s not long before you’re back in the swing...