Dodge the WORST Cold and Flu Season on Record
COVID-19 cases might be waning where you are… but the common cold is back with a vengeance.
Some are already saying it’s the worst cold and flu season on record—and we’re only in January!
The surge in the flu virus and RSV (respiratory syncytial virus)—on top of COVID-19 cases—has many people calling this a “tripledemic.”
In fact, hospitalizations are up so high that it’s putting a strain on the healthcare system.
With that in mind, it’s a good idea to have a few items on hand that can help prevent you from getting sick, reduce your symptoms if you do fall ill, and shorten the duration of your illness.
Stock your natural “medicine cabinet” with these seven items during cold and flu season…
- Zinc: When you take zinc at the first sign of a cold, it can reduce the symptoms and duration of the illness.
- Echinacea: Research shows echinacea can reduce your risk of catching a cold by as much as 20 percent. Plus, the herb has antiviral properties and supports your immune system.
- Garlic: Garlic (fresh and supplements) has antibacterial and antiviral properties that help your body fight cold and flu germs. Taking a garlic supplement for three months can aid in cold prevention.
- Probiotics: A healthy gut equals a healthy immune system. In a study, people who took a daily probiotic were less likely to come down with a cold than their unprotected peers.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is essential for a robust immune system. Because your body doesn’t make the vitamin on its own, you must get it from foods like oranges, avocados, or a supplement.
- Vitamin D: No list would be complete without vitamin D. Studies show that getting adequate D reduces the frequency of the common cold. If you’re not getting enough sunshine during the winter, you’ll likely need to take a supplement to maintain healthy blood levels.
- Menthol: Despite your best efforts at prevention a cold will sometimes still get the best of you. If that happens, be sure to have some menthol on hand to help open your airways and lessen your cough.
- Honey: Honey naturally soothes coughs and sore throats. You can eat it by the spoonful or put it in your tea. In addition, honey has antimicrobial properties that help it combat bacteria and viruses.
Stock up on these natural flu and cold fighters to avoid going down for the count during what might turn out to be THE worst cold and flu season on record yet.
P.S. Your immune system is your first line of defense and your greatest ally against colds and flu. But one common habit could be destroying your natural defenses. Click here for the details (and solution!).
(2023, January 1.) “How To Treat a Cold or Flu at Home.” Dunya News. https://dunyanews.tv/en/Health/685640-How-to-treat-a-cold-or-flu-at-home
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
When your health suffers, so does your sex life. As they age, this leaves many folks looking for a little extra “boost” in the bedroom. And there’s nothing wrong with that! In fact, intimacy can IMPROVE your health. Sometimes the issue is with your ability to perform. But all too often, it’s just your desire...
Yesterday, I warned you about how fast food harms your liver. But even if you’re NOT eating at Mickey D’s regularly, being overweight or diabetic can increase your risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and other deadly liver complications. Your best bet is to quit fast food. And to start eating a more natural,...
Your liver has a vital job. It filters toxins and other harmful substances out of your blood before passing it along to the rest of your body. That means it’s exposed to ALL the bad stuff you take in. The protection your liver provides for the rest of your body is literally lifesaving. But the...
Fat gets a bad rap. But your body NEEDS fat. It helps you absorb key nutrients such as vitamin D. It gives you energy and supports cell function. It even keeps your cholesterol under control. You just need to make sure you’re eating the RIGHT kind. When you choose wisely, fat can protect against heart...
Some people exercise because they like it. Some do it because they want to look good. Others work out because their life depends on it. This is especially true if you want to reduce your risk of heart disease or stroke. But to get the MOST heart protection from your exercise program, you’ll need to...
If you’re over 50, you should know THIS about your bones: If you’re not taking steps to make them stronger, they’re likely getting weaker by the day. That’s because once you pass 50, your bones break down faster than they form. This imbalance can lead to a loss of bone density, the development of osteoporosis,...
Melanoma cases have skyrocketed in recent years. With so many folks diligently slathering on sunscreen and staying indoors these days, have you ever wondered why? Well, a recent study identified a key nutrient that can DRAMATICALLY reduce your risk of melanoma—even in high-risk individuals. And this “surprising” discovery happens to highlight a troubling truth… What...
One of the best things you can do for your heart is to manage your blood pressure. Big Pharma insists you need drugs to tackle hypertension (high blood pressure) problems. We know better than that. Lifestyle factors like diet, exercise, and sleep all play a HUGE role in managing your blood pressure. But for even...
It’s hard to feel good if you’re not sleeping well. And that means about 60 million Americans must feel pretty awful right now. Because that’s the number of people who have some sort of sleep disorder. I always tell my patients that, before resorting to sleeping aids, they should always try adjusting certain lifestyle factors...