Dr. G’s 5 Ways to Stop Flu
Q: I decided to skip the flu vaccine this year because I’ve heard that it might be dangerous. The problem is, now I’m worried that I might not be as protected as I need to be. Do you have any recommendations for staying flu-free this winter?
Dr. G: Congratulations, Pat! Skipping that shot was one of the BEST preventive measures you could take for avoiding the flu this winter.
Did you know that the shot itself can CAUSE the flu? One study showed that getting a flu shot increased your risk of respiratory infections by 4.4 times.
Not to mention the fact that the shots have been linked to everything from allergies to autoimmune disease.
(And I won’t even mention how shockingly ineffective they are.)
But you’re right, the flu can be extremely dangerous, especially the older you get.
So while flu shots aren’t the answer, you should still be taking active steps to prevent the flu this winter.
The best way is to make sure your immune system is up to the task.
Here are 5 ways to keep your immune system up to par through the winter flu season.
- Strengthen your gut. This one might seem like it came from left field…until you find out that 70% of your immune system resides in your gut. Taking a quality probiotic will help restore the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut. You can also load up on good bacteria with fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, and yogurt.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is associated with the production of cathelicidin and other immune system peptides that are powerful antiviral and antibacterial agents in our cells. This won’t just help prevent the flu, but will help protect against all kinds of infections.
- Ginger lemon tea. This one contains three benefits in one. Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory, lemon helps us resist colds, and increasing fluids (like tea, broth, and water) helps with digestion, as well as with keeping your throat and airways clear.
- If you do start feeling a cold coming on, reach for zinc. This immune-booster stops the replication of a cold’s cell—a protective action that can shorten the number of days you’re sick. Foods like pumpkin seeds, spinach, and oysters are loaded with zinc.
- Finally, stay away from processed foods, and stick with organic food instead. Non-organic food can carry the residue of toxins such as glyphosate (the ingredient in Roundup), which impair the immune system. Along those lines, consuming too much sugar can suppress your immune system for HOURS.
Want me to answer your question next? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
When it comes to beating cancer, time is not on your side. Your best bet for a good outcome is to identify the cancer as early as possible, when it is more treatable—and before it has spread to other parts of your body. If you don’t get tested until symptoms crop up, you’ve already wasted...
We know that certain things can cause cancer—like smoking, pollution, and obesity. But other factors are just as dangerous. In fact, researchers have just discovered that one can increase your risk of certain cancers by up to 59 percent. Even worse? It happens to affect nearly 50 percent of adults. Find out if you’re one...
If you want to discover the key to living a long, healthy life, the best way to find it is to study people who have had a long, healthy life. Centenarians. Researchers have discovered that people who live to be older than 100 years old have 15 times more of a certain bacterium in their...
“You have breast cancer.” Those four words can rock your world. But I’ve found that once women hear them, they become laser-focused on doing whatever it takes to become a survivor. And that just a whole lot easier. New research has found a new weapon that can help you WIN the cancer battle. It’s a...
If you’re not concerned about prediabetes, it’s time for a reality check. More than 88 million Americans have prediabetes—a number that is expected to balloon to 587 million over the next 25 years if something doesn’t change. Prediabetes drastically increases your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. But here’s the real problem…...
Let’s be real here. The reason why most diets fail is because they’re no fun at all. Counting calories… eating like a bird… giving up everything you love—who wants to do that for the rest of their lives? Not me! Wouldn’t it be great if you could melt fat without even trying? Well you can…...
If you’re reading my articles every day, chances are pretty good that your health is important. Chances are also good that you’ve learned to ditch the advice of Uncle Sam and most major health organizations. Their recommendations change with their financial interests. So today, I want to give you advice you won’t hear from any...
If you’re looking for a magic bullet to prevent cancer… you can stop looking. There isn’t one. Nature generally doesn’t work like that. When it comes to benefitting from the healing properties nature has to offer, the secret is in the sum of its parts. And there’s one part that can play a big role...
When it comes to boosting your brain health, it’s hard to beat omega-3s. But despite loads of studies showing their ability to enhance memory and cognition and slow cognitive decline, other studies have cast doubts. A recent study took a closer look at why. And what the researchers found could change everything we thought we...
When it comes to coronavirus, people have two main goals: Don’t get it. If you do get it, SURVIVE it. But there’s a lot more to this sickness than life or death. Because even if you survive it, you can end up with serious complications. And there’s one condition in particular that can make you...