Dr. G’s 5 Ways to Stop Flu
Q: I decided to skip the flu vaccine this year because I’ve heard that it might be dangerous. The problem is, now I’m worried that I might not be as protected as I need to be. Do you have any recommendations for staying flu-free this winter?
Dr. G: Congratulations, Pat! Skipping that shot was one of the BEST preventive measures you could take for avoiding the flu this winter.
Did you know that the shot itself can CAUSE the flu? One study showed that getting a flu shot increased your risk of respiratory infections by 4.4 times.
Not to mention the fact that the shots have been linked to everything from allergies to autoimmune disease.
(And I won’t even mention how shockingly ineffective they are.)
But you’re right, the flu can be extremely dangerous, especially the older you get.
So while flu shots aren’t the answer, you should still be taking active steps to prevent the flu this winter.
The best way is to make sure your immune system is up to the task.
Here are 5 ways to keep your immune system up to par through the winter flu season.
- Strengthen your gut. This one might seem like it came from left field…until you find out that 70% of your immune system resides in your gut. Taking a quality probiotic will help restore the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut. You can also load up on good bacteria with fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, and yogurt.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is associated with the production of cathelicidin and other immune system peptides that are powerful antiviral and antibacterial agents in our cells. This won’t just help prevent the flu, but will help protect against all kinds of infections.
- Ginger lemon tea. This one contains three benefits in one. Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory, lemon helps us resist colds, and increasing fluids (like tea, broth, and water) helps with digestion, as well as with keeping your throat and airways clear.
- If you do start feeling a cold coming on, reach for zinc. This immune-booster stops the replication of a cold’s cell—a protective action that can shorten the number of days you’re sick. Foods like pumpkin seeds, spinach, and oysters are loaded with zinc.
- Finally, stay away from processed foods, and stick with organic food instead. Non-organic food can carry the residue of toxins such as glyphosate (the ingredient in Roundup), which impair the immune system. Along those lines, consuming too much sugar can suppress your immune system for HOURS.
Want me to answer your question next? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Maybe you’re trying to control your weight or blood sugar. So what does your doctor tell you to do? Count calories… eat healthier… and exercise more. But, believe it or not, ONE bad habit could be ruining all of your hard work. And it could be putting you on the fast track to obesity, diabetes,...
Let me ask you a question. How many prescription medications are you taking right now? If you’re like lots of American seniors, you’re probably taking plenty. Maybe one drug for your heart… one for your diabetes… and maybe even an antidepressant or anti-anxiety med. But what if you could solve ALL of these problems with...
They say there are two guarantees in life: death and taxes. And I’d add another one to the list: If you get diagnosed with cancer, I guarantee your doctor will tell you to get chemotherapy. Better safe than sorry, right? Wrong. A new study on chemotherapy and breast cancer is about to turn the entire cancer treatment...
Tired of giving up everything you love to chase down perfect blood sugar levels? I don’t blame you. Who wants some cranky doctor telling them what they can and can’t eat? Not me. So instead of telling you what you CAN’T eat, I’m going to tell you what you CAN. Because ADDING one simple food...
It’s one of the scariest things about getting older. I’m not talking about getting cancer…or diabetes…or even dying. It’s the fear of losing your mind. With Alzheimer’s at an all-time high (and climbing), you have every right to be worried. But there’s a common nighttime problem that may be sending your risk of brain shrinkage…...
I don’t know about you… but I have no plans to “grow old gracefully.” I’m going to fight Father Time tooth-and-nail. But there’s nothing that makes you feel older than looking in the mirror and seeing new wrinkles. We’ve always been told there’s nothing we can do about it. NONSENSE! My friends at Gold Leaf...
Why does dieting have to be so hard? You practically stave yourself… you work out like a Green Beret… and the scale won’t budge. But what if your weight issues aren’t your fault at all? New research proves that a simple diet deficiency may be FORCING our bodies to pack on pounds. And correcting it...
Being diagnosed with cancer is terrifying enough. But here’s where things get even worse… When your doctor tells you that your type of cancer is particularly hard to treat. But what if there was an all-natural way to make these hard-to-treat cancers easy to kill? Believe it or not, the solution exists… and it’s probably sitting...
There aren’t many guarantees in medicine – but this is as close to a guarantee as I can give. If you keep your arteries clear, there’s a very good chance you’ll NEVER have a heart attack. But here’s the problem… Mainstream medicine wants you to protect your arteries by taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs. And that’s...
Q: My daughter has anxiety issues. We have been investigating CBD oil for a while, but are confused about one thing: Is there one CBD oil for anxiety, another variety for pain, etc. Or does it come "one size fits all?” -Larry P. Dr. G: I don’t blame you for being confused. Our government spent years driving...