Dr. G’s 5 Ways to Stop Flu
Q: I decided to skip the flu vaccine this year because I’ve heard that it might be dangerous. The problem is, now I’m worried that I might not be as protected as I need to be. Do you have any recommendations for staying flu-free this winter?
Dr. G: Congratulations, Pat! Skipping that shot was one of the BEST preventive measures you could take for avoiding the flu this winter.
Did you know that the shot itself can CAUSE the flu? One study showed that getting a flu shot increased your risk of respiratory infections by 4.4 times.
Not to mention the fact that the shots have been linked to everything from allergies to autoimmune disease.
(And I won’t even mention how shockingly ineffective they are.)
But you’re right, the flu can be extremely dangerous, especially the older you get.
So while flu shots aren’t the answer, you should still be taking active steps to prevent the flu this winter.
The best way is to make sure your immune system is up to the task.
Here are 5 ways to keep your immune system up to par through the winter flu season.
- Strengthen your gut. This one might seem like it came from left field…until you find out that 70% of your immune system resides in your gut. Taking a quality probiotic will help restore the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut. You can also load up on good bacteria with fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, and yogurt.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is associated with the production of cathelicidin and other immune system peptides that are powerful antiviral and antibacterial agents in our cells. This won’t just help prevent the flu, but will help protect against all kinds of infections.
- Ginger lemon tea. This one contains three benefits in one. Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory, lemon helps us resist colds, and increasing fluids (like tea, broth, and water) helps with digestion, as well as with keeping your throat and airways clear.
- If you do start feeling a cold coming on, reach for zinc. This immune-booster stops the replication of a cold’s cell—a protective action that can shorten the number of days you’re sick. Foods like pumpkin seeds, spinach, and oysters are loaded with zinc.
- Finally, stay away from processed foods, and stick with organic food instead. Non-organic food can carry the residue of toxins such as glyphosate (the ingredient in Roundup), which impair the immune system. Along those lines, consuming too much sugar can suppress your immune system for HOURS.
Want me to answer your question next? Email me at email@example.com
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
New guidelines have changed the definition of high blood pressure.
Veterans who served in Vietnam are more likely to carry a parasite that increases their risk of a rare, but lethal form of cancer.
You can still have fantastic sex in your golden years. But decades of exposure to toxins, processed foods, and electromagnetic fields do take their toll...
Learn the secret to erasing joint pain in just 7 days.
Most people are unaware of one of the scariest, deadliest complications of diabetes.
A recent article analyzed whether sex puts you at risk of a sudden cardiac arrest.
A recent study showed that drinking coffee is associated with a reduced risk of heart failure, stroke, and coronary artery disease.
Doctors will tell you that taking cholesterol-lowering statins is a matter of life and death. Here’s what the research REALLY says.