Dr. G’s 7 BEST Natural Antibiotics
It seems like the entire medical world is focused on finding a cure for cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes.
Meanwhile, diseases we thought we took care of long ago have been making a comeback.
I’m talking about bacterial infections.
Thanks to reckless over-prescription of antibiotics, drug-resistant infections are making a comeback—to the tune of killing more than 700,000 people every year…and counting.
We’re on the cusp of entering a post-antibiotic era, and the only way we can stop it is to severely cut back on the use of antibiotics.
Fortunately, nature has provided its own antibiotics that are both safe and effective (and don’t come with the risk of resistance). Here are seven of the best.
- Grapefruit seed extract. Grapefruit seeds are known to contain compounds that kill bacteria—but they also kill viruses, fungi, and parasites too. As an added benefit? Bacteria don’t become resistant to the seeds.
- Colloidal Silver. It was shoved to the side when antibiotics came into the picture, but colloidal silver is finally making a much-deserved comeback. This safe, natural antibiotic has been found to kill more than 650 viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- Echinacea. This plant helps combat viral and bacterial infections by strengthening the immune system. It works by helping the body produce more immune cells called lymphocytes, and it is especially beneficial when it comes to fighting the cold and flu.
- Garlic. This natural antibiotic has been used for hundred of years, and now modern science has confirmed its ability to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Best of all, bacteria can’t become resistant to it.
- Vitamin C. This potent antioxidant activates the body’s own protective mechanisms. Scientists agree that vitamin C is one of the best ways to prevent infection. In fact, intravenous vitamin C has been shown to treat not just viruses and bacteria—but snake venom and polio!
- Oil of Oregano. This potent oil rivals the infection-fighting powers of mainstream’s antibiotics. It contains a compound called carvacrol that has potent antibacterial properties, and it’s been found to fight certain bacteria that have become resistant to standard antibiotics.
- Astragalus. You’ve likely never heard of it, but this plant has been used in Asia for more than 2,000 years to prevent colds and flu. It is one of the most potent immune-boosting plants you can find, and it increases the body’s ability to fight infections.
I’m a firm believe that nature provides us with everything we need to get—and stay—healthy. It’s up to us to utilize them.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
You know that sitting too much is bad for your health. Worse than that, it can kill you. See, previous research has found that a sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of dying early. And that’s bad enough. But now, a new study has shown that watching TV while you’re sitting can take things from bad...
Eating too much sugar—in the form of pizza, pastries, sweets, breads, pasta, you-name-it—can contribute to obesity. And obesity has been linked to more than 13 different types of cancer. I don’t blame you for wanting to lower your weight OR your cancer risk. But switching to “zero-calorie” or “sugar-free” options is NOT the way to...
I’ve told you before that when you eat is just as important as what you eat. Many studies have shown this to be true when it comes to factors like weight and blood sugar control. But according to a recent study, the timing of your meals can ultimately have an impact on the most critical...
When it comes to losing weight, it can feel like you’re spinning your wheels. Maybe you start off strong and then revert to old habits. Maybe the weight comes off easily at first, but then sputters out. Or maybe you’ve found that no matter how hard you work, the weight just won’t come off. The...
If you’ve been searching for the Fountain of Youth, look no further. Scientists have identified a drink that can reduce the risk of conditions like… Parkinson’s disease Heart disease Certain types of cancer Type 2 diabetes And more… And now, a recent study has shown that having a cup of this health elixir on a...
If you’re not paying attention to your blood pressure, it’s time to get on the ball. Hypertension is the number one risk factor for heart disease, which is the number one killer in the U.S. This fact always frustrates me, because your blood pressure is something completely within your control. Not only is hypertension preventable…...
COVID-19 is trying hard to be in our rearview mirrors. Still, regardless of COVID-19’s current status, you should still be taking active steps to strengthen your immune system. Doing so will help ensure that you prevent any kind of infection—from the common cold to COVID and everything in between. Here are five all-start supplements for...
If you have type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes, chances are good that your doctor is on your case about what you’re eating. That’s a good start. Diet does play a major role in the management of the condition. But it’s not the only factor—not by a long shot. In fact, there’s one change you can...
There are some things that are obviously bad for you. Smoking, donuts, and sitting too much come to mind. But others slip under the radar, impacting the health and wellbeing of most people in ways you don’t even realize. One thing in particular can do more than cause major issues like heart disease, diabetes, and...
They say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Sleep is one of those things. If you’ve found yourself struggling to fall asleep, if you lie awake watching the minutes and hours tick by, or if you’re starting your day at 3:00a.m. (because you KNOW you’re not going to go back to sleep)…...