Dr. G’s 7 BEST Natural Antibiotics
It seems like the entire medical world is focused on finding a cure for cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes.
Meanwhile, diseases we thought we took care of long ago have been making a comeback.
I’m talking about bacterial infections.
Thanks to reckless over-prescription of antibiotics, drug-resistant infections are making a comeback—to the tune of killing more than 700,000 people every year…and counting.
We’re on the cusp of entering a post-antibiotic era, and the only way we can stop it is to severely cut back on the use of antibiotics.
Fortunately, nature has provided its own antibiotics that are both safe and effective (and don’t come with the risk of resistance). Here are seven of the best.
- Grapefruit seed extract. Grapefruit seeds are known to contain compounds that kill bacteria—but they also kill viruses, fungi, and parasites too. As an added benefit? Bacteria don’t become resistant to the seeds.
- Colloidal Silver. It was shoved to the side when antibiotics came into the picture, but colloidal silver is finally making a much-deserved comeback. This safe, natural antibiotic has been found to kill more than 650 viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- Echinacea. This plant helps combat viral and bacterial infections by strengthening the immune system. It works by helping the body produce more immune cells called lymphocytes, and it is especially beneficial when it comes to fighting the cold and flu.
- Garlic. This natural antibiotic has been used for hundred of years, and now modern science has confirmed its ability to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Best of all, bacteria can’t become resistant to it.
- Vitamin C. This potent antioxidant activates the body’s own protective mechanisms. Scientists agree that vitamin C is one of the best ways to prevent infection. In fact, intravenous vitamin C has been shown to treat not just viruses and bacteria—but snake venom and polio!
- Oil of Oregano. This potent oil rivals the infection-fighting powers of mainstream’s antibiotics. It contains a compound called carvacrol that has potent antibacterial properties, and it’s been found to fight certain bacteria that have become resistant to standard antibiotics.
- Astragalus. You’ve likely never heard of it, but this plant has been used in Asia for more than 2,000 years to prevent colds and flu. It is one of the most potent immune-boosting plants you can find, and it increases the body’s ability to fight infections.
I’m a firm believe that nature provides us with everything we need to get—and stay—healthy. It’s up to us to utilize them.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
If you’re missing the sun right now, you’re NOT alone. February is prime time for the winter blahs. The holidays are long over. The days are short. And many folks are fighting low energy, irritability, and, maybe most irritating of all, THE MUNCHIES. During the winter doldrums, folks pack on an average of five to...
Do you REALLY need to take a daily multivitamin? Well, that depends on you. If you’re eating an optimal diet of seasonal foods, then a multivitamin may be a waste of money. However, even the best diet may not be enough to obtain the nutrients your body needs. You see, as you age, your body...
When your health suffers, so does your sex life. As they age, this leaves many folks looking for a little extra “boost” in the bedroom. And there’s nothing wrong with that! In fact, intimacy can IMPROVE your health. Sometimes the issue is with your ability to perform. But all too often, it’s just your desire...
Yesterday, I warned you about how fast food harms your liver. But even if you’re NOT eating at Mickey D’s regularly, being overweight or diabetic can increase your risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and other deadly liver complications. Your best bet is to quit fast food. And to start eating a more natural,...
Your liver has a vital job. It filters toxins and other harmful substances out of your blood before passing it along to the rest of your body. That means it’s exposed to ALL the bad stuff you take in. The protection your liver provides for the rest of your body is literally lifesaving. But the...
Fat gets a bad rap. But your body NEEDS fat. It helps you absorb key nutrients such as vitamin D. It gives you energy and supports cell function. It even keeps your cholesterol under control. You just need to make sure you’re eating the RIGHT kind. When you choose wisely, fat can protect against heart...
Some people exercise because they like it. Some do it because they want to look good. Others work out because their life depends on it. This is especially true if you want to reduce your risk of heart disease or stroke. But to get the MOST heart protection from your exercise program, you’ll need to...
If you’re over 50, you should know THIS about your bones: If you’re not taking steps to make them stronger, they’re likely getting weaker by the day. That’s because once you pass 50, your bones break down faster than they form. This imbalance can lead to a loss of bone density, the development of osteoporosis,...
Melanoma cases have skyrocketed in recent years. With so many folks diligently slathering on sunscreen and staying indoors these days, have you ever wondered why? Well, a recent study identified a key nutrient that can DRAMATICALLY reduce your risk of melanoma—even in high-risk individuals. And this “surprising” discovery happens to highlight a troubling truth… What...