Dr. G’s 7 BEST Natural Antibiotics
It seems like the entire medical world is focused on finding a cure for cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes.
Meanwhile, diseases we thought we took care of long ago have been making a comeback.
I’m talking about bacterial infections.
Thanks to reckless over-prescription of antibiotics, drug-resistant infections are making a comeback—to the tune of killing more than 700,000 people every year…and counting.
We’re on the cusp of entering a post-antibiotic era, and the only way we can stop it is to severely cut back on the use of antibiotics.
Fortunately, nature has provided its own antibiotics that are both safe and effective (and don’t come with the risk of resistance). Here are seven of the best.
1. Grapefruit seed extract. Grapefruit seeds are known to contain compounds that kill bacteria—but they also kill viruses, fungi, and parasites too. As an added benefit? Bacteria don’t become resistant to the seeds.
2. Colloidal Silver. It was shoved to the side when antibiotics came into the picture, but colloidal silver is finally making a much-deserved comeback. This safe, natural antibiotic has been found to kill more than 650 viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
3. Echinacea. This plant helps combat viral and bacterial infections by strengthening the immune system. It works by helping the body produce more immune cells called lymphocytes, and it is especially beneficial when it comes to fighting the cold and flu.
4. Garlic. This natural antibiotic has been used for hundred of years, and now modern science has confirmed its ability to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Best of all, bacteria can’t become resistant to it.
5. Vitamin C. This potent antioxidant activates the body’s own protective mechanisms. Scientists agree that vitamin C is one of the best ways to prevent infection. In fact, intravenous vitamin C has been shown to treat not just viruses and bacteria—but snake venom and polio!
6. Oil of Oregano. This potent oil rivals the infection-fighting powers of mainstream’s antibiotics. It contains a compound called carvacrol that has potent antibacterial properties, and it’s been found to fight certain bacteria that have become resistant to standard antibiotics.
7. Astragalus. You’ve likely never heard of it, but this plant has been used in Asia for more than 2,000 years to prevent colds and flu. It is one of the most potent immune-boosting plants you can find, and it increases the body’s ability to fight infections.
I’m a firm believe that nature provides us with everything we need to get—and stay—healthy. It’s up to us to utilize them.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
11-Minute Solution PREVENTS 1 in 10 Early Deaths
You already know that exercise reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease and early death. According to the current guidelines, you’ll need 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week to get those benefits. That breaks down to 21.4 minutes of daily exercise. I don’t know many people who get that much exercise every day. But the...
Don't Touch Another Strawberry Until You Read THIS!
If you’ve ever had a freshly picked, vine-ripened strawberry, you KNOW there’s nothing quite so juicy with a delicious burst of flavor. And you ALSO know that the imposter strawberries sold in grocery stores are bland and tasteless in comparison. They barely deserve to be called strawberries. But a recent study showed that these strawberries...
"Diaphragm Dumbbell" Dials Down Blood Pressure
They call high blood pressure “the silent killer” for a reason. It can quietly do damage for YEARS before your first symptoms appear. And once they do, the clock is ticking to get your numbers under control. Because if you don’t, your risk of a heart attack or stroke goes through the roof. You see,...
The Nutrient Secret to Better Sleep
Don’t make the mistake of thinking poor sleep… or not getting ENOUGH of it … is no big deal. Bad quality sleep doesn’t just leave you feeling groggy and gross the next day. Over time, it can play a big part in just about any MAJOR health issue you can think of. That includes heart...
Are You Getting Enough Vitamin H?
Some vitamins are household names by now. If I mention nutrients like vitamin D, C, or B12, not only have you likely heard of them, but you probably also know a little about why they’re good for you. You might already have them in your “medicine” cabinet. However, I’m guessing you’ve never heard of vitamin...
“Bearded Tooth” Fungus Regrows Brain Cells?!
There’s a rare mushroom that goes by MANY names… But we should add the nickname “Smart Mushroom” to the list because of its ability to support cognitive health and brain function. Previous studies have shown this fungus can help improve cognitive function, protect against memory loss, and reduce symptoms of depression. In a recent study,...
Tackle BOTH Sleep and Mood Problems
I love using unconventional methods to treat common problems. And by unconventional, I mean anything other than what the mainstream would tell you to do. Take mood and sleep problems, for example. Too many people get a prescription and are sent on their merry way. I call that “getting written off.” Instead, I’ve found a...
Top 5 Joint Pain Supplements
If you’re living with joint pain, you don’t want Band-Aids… you want solutions. Typically, it occurs as a result of two underlying problems: Inflammation Cartilage breakdown If you address those two issues, you can get to the ROOT of joint pain. But traditional heavy-duty painkillers often come with unwanted side effects… Some inexpensive supplements can...
HIDDEN Heart Attack Trigger (Beware)
At first glance, my home state of Arizona and Hawaii have little in common. But both share an important distinction. Neither participates in the risky practice of daylight saving time (DST). It’s just one of the many reasons I love living here. The rest of the country shifted their clocks forward by an hour nearly...
Is This Bathroom Habit Triggering CANCER?
It’s always a good idea to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals. This can include things like ditching the Roundup to kill weeds in your yard or replacing your bathroom cleaner with natural solutions like vinegar and essential oils. But as you’re making the switch to a “cleaner” lifestyle, I’m guessing you never considered tossing...