Dr. G’s “Diabetes-No-More” Diet
When you hear the words “anti-diabetes diet,” what do you think of?
Maybe you see yourself nibbling on carrots and lettuce like a rabbit.
Certainly no pasta… or cookies… or bread.
Well, I’m here to tell you that meal-time doesn’t have to be miserable for diabetics.
I’ve found that by ADDING certain tasty foods to your diet, you can control your blood sugar without having to give up everything you love.
Here are 5 of the best foods for blood sugar control.
- Dark chocolate. Sounds too good to be true? The studies would beg to differ! In one study, people who ate dark chocolate had improved insulin sensitivity. In another, eating dark chocolate was shown to reduce blood pressure and improve blood vessel function—helping stave off dangerous side effects of diabetes.
- Beans. Whatever your bean of choice — chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils, etc. — beans are a one-stop-shop of health benefits. One study found that people who ate 8.5 ounces of beans a week had a 35% lower risk of developing diabetes. One reason for this is because the fiber content of beans helps prevent dangerous blood sugar spikes by slowing the release of sugar into your bloodstream.
- Cinnamon. This tasty spice is a diabetes-fighting powerhouse. Cinnamon increases insulin sensitivity — which is a fancy way to saying it helps insulin do a better job of delivering sugar into your cells (where it’s needed) and keeping it out of your blood. Studies also show that it decreases hemoglobin A1c, a measure of long-term blood sugar control.
- Raisins. Yes, believe it or not, eating about three ounces a day of this sweet treat can actually lower your risk of type 2 diabetes. That’s because raisins contain loads of a potent flavonoid called quercetin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory. Along those lines, studies show that people who eat lots of apples (which are also loaded with quercetin) are less likely to develop diabetes or to die from heart disease!
- Steak. One of nature’s perfect foods! Besides being loaded with protein, iron, and B vitamins, steak contains a compound called CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) — a critical compound for correcting impaired glucose metabolism. CLA also can also help you lose weight — another crucial factor in diabetes control. For the most benefit, make sure you choose grass-fed beef.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
11-Minute Solution PREVENTS 1 in 10 Early Deaths
You already know that exercise reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease and early death. According to the current guidelines, you’ll need 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week to get those benefits. That breaks down to 21.4 minutes of daily exercise. I don’t know many people who get that much exercise every day. But the...
Don't Touch Another Strawberry Until You Read THIS!
If you’ve ever had a freshly picked, vine-ripened strawberry, you KNOW there’s nothing quite so juicy with a delicious burst of flavor. And you ALSO know that the imposter strawberries sold in grocery stores are bland and tasteless in comparison. They barely deserve to be called strawberries. But a recent study showed that these strawberries...
"Diaphragm Dumbbell" Dials Down Blood Pressure
They call high blood pressure “the silent killer” for a reason. It can quietly do damage for YEARS before your first symptoms appear. And once they do, the clock is ticking to get your numbers under control. Because if you don’t, your risk of a heart attack or stroke goes through the roof. You see,...
The Nutrient Secret to Better Sleep
Don’t make the mistake of thinking poor sleep… or not getting ENOUGH of it … is no big deal. Bad quality sleep doesn’t just leave you feeling groggy and gross the next day. Over time, it can play a big part in just about any MAJOR health issue you can think of. That includes heart...
Are You Getting Enough Vitamin H?
Some vitamins are household names by now. If I mention nutrients like vitamin D, C, or B12, not only have you likely heard of them, but you probably also know a little about why they’re good for you. You might already have them in your “medicine” cabinet. However, I’m guessing you’ve never heard of vitamin...
“Bearded Tooth” Fungus Regrows Brain Cells?!
There’s a rare mushroom that goes by MANY names… But we should add the nickname “Smart Mushroom” to the list because of its ability to support cognitive health and brain function. Previous studies have shown this fungus can help improve cognitive function, protect against memory loss, and reduce symptoms of depression. In a recent study,...
Tackle BOTH Sleep and Mood Problems
I love using unconventional methods to treat common problems. And by unconventional, I mean anything other than what the mainstream would tell you to do. Take mood and sleep problems, for example. Too many people get a prescription and are sent on their merry way. I call that “getting written off.” Instead, I’ve found a...
Top 5 Joint Pain Supplements
If you’re living with joint pain, you don’t want Band-Aids… you want solutions. Typically, it occurs as a result of two underlying problems: Inflammation Cartilage breakdown If you address those two issues, you can get to the ROOT of joint pain. But traditional heavy-duty painkillers often come with unwanted side effects… Some inexpensive supplements can...
HIDDEN Heart Attack Trigger (Beware)
At first glance, my home state of Arizona and Hawaii have little in common. But both share an important distinction. Neither participates in the risky practice of daylight saving time (DST). It’s just one of the many reasons I love living here. The rest of the country shifted their clocks forward by an hour nearly...
Is This Bathroom Habit Triggering CANCER?
It’s always a good idea to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals. This can include things like ditching the Roundup to kill weeds in your yard or replacing your bathroom cleaner with natural solutions like vinegar and essential oils. But as you’re making the switch to a “cleaner” lifestyle, I’m guessing you never considered tossing...