This “Super Fruit” Stops Disease (But You’re Probably Not Eating It)
Let’s take a quiz.
What has more vitamin C than an orange…
Has 75% of the RDA of vitamin A…
And has even been show you fight cancer… heart disease… blindness… and arthritis?
It’s a delicious, tropical fruit that’s been called the “fruit of angels” — and chances are, you’re not getting nearly enough of it.
Read on to learn more.
The answer is…papaya!
I’m surprised by how many people have never even had it, much less eat it on a regular basis.
But once you hear what all this healing fruit can do, I have no doubt it’ll become a regular on your shopping list.
- It can help protect against heart attacks and strokes. That’s because nutrients in papaya can help lower homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels damage blood vessels and have been linked to heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and osteoporosis.
- It can help prevent colon cancer. The fiber in papaya has been shown to bind to dangerous toxins in the colon, keeping them away from your healthy cells. It is also loaded with other known colon-cancer-reducing nutrients like folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
- It can help prevent breast cancer. When 14 fruits were tested, papaya was the only one that had anti-cancer effects on breast cancer cells.
- It can help alleviate arthritis pain. Foods rich in vitamin C (especially papaya) have been shown to protect against polyarthritis—that’s when rheumatoid arthritis impacts multiple joints.
- It helps protect eyesight. When you eat papaya, your body converts it to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial for your eyes. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two critical nutrients for preventing age-related blindness.
- It can help you lose weight. Many people trying to lose weight avoid fruit because of their high sugar and calorie content. Papaya is surprisingly low in calories. Plus, it contains an enzyme that helps increase metabolism, making it an ideal weight-loss food.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are like Pac-men that gobble up harmful substances in the body. These substances (free radicals) cause oxidative stress that contributes to numerous diseases, including Alzheimer’s and cancer. When people with Alzheimer’s were given a papaya extract for six months, it led to a 40% drop in a marker of oxidative damage to DNA.
- It can improve digestion. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that makes it easier to digest protein. One study showed that after taking a papaya formula for 40 days, participants had improvements in constipation and bloating.
If you’re not used to eating papayas, ripeness is key. They should be yellow to orange-red, and slightly tender.
You can cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and eat it like a cantaloupe. Or you could toss it in a smoothie, on a salad, or with Greek yogurt and nuts.
I like mine best served cold.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
When I was a kid, I loved to gulp down a cold, creamy glass of milk – especially with my mother’s homemade cookies. But somewhere along the way, the government and the food industry tampered with one of nature’s perfect foods—taking out the fat (and all the taste)—and I stopped being such a fan. But...
When it comes to stopping breast cancer, mainstream medicine doesn’t have much useful to say. They’ll talk all about the benefits of early detection – but that only catches cancer AFTER you already have it. I think we can do better… In fact, there’s a special type of omega-3 fatty acid that’s 8 TIMES more...
For years, the medical establishment has told us that any damage done to your heart is irreversible. You just had to make do with the healthy parts of your heart that are left. I’ve always believed that was total nonsense… and another study is proving I was right. Because it turns out there’s an easy...
Fixing a key underlying deficiency could have you harnessing your body’s fat-burning power in just minutes a day—without diets or exercise.
Alzheimer’s. There’s a laundry list of reasons why this condition is so tragic. You don’t just lose your memories and your independence – it even changes your behavior and what it means to be you. While some researchers are frantically searching for a cure, others are doing their best to stop it from developing to...
It’s hard to imagine a bigger hoax foisted on the American public than the cholesterol/statin myth. The Big Pharma propaganda machine has managed to convince millions of people to take a dangerous drug for an imaginary problem. These drugs cost a fortune and come loaded with side effects, yet studies continue to reveal that they...
Your responses to my new pain survey keep rolling in… and I’m seeing firsthand how pain is controlling too many of your lives. One woman wrote how her fingers hurt so much, she can’t even hold a pen anymore. Nobody should have to live like that… and you don’t have to anymore. Because, believe it...
Thanks so much to all of you who responded to my pain survey last week (if you still haven’t taken it, click here). I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed by your response… and by your stories of the ways pain has impacted your lives. One reader wrote how she used to walk her dog every day, and...
Let’s face it – none of our bodies are quite as limber as they used to be. And lots of times, the problem starts as soon as you roll out of bed. You start your morning with stiff, aching joints. But it turns out that morning stiffness could actually be a sign of something much...
It was one of the largest studies of its kind… and it ought to have millions of Americans very nervous. A new study showed that people who work at night are sending their cancer risk through the roof. Maybe you retired a long time ago… but that still doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods....