This “Super Fruit” Stops Disease (But You’re Probably Not Eating It)
Let’s take a quiz.
What has more vitamin C than an orange…
Has 75% of the RDA of vitamin A…
And has even been show you fight cancer… heart disease… blindness… and arthritis?
It’s a delicious, tropical fruit that’s been called the “fruit of angels” — and chances are, you’re not getting nearly enough of it.
Read on to learn more.
The answer is…papaya!
I’m surprised by how many people have never even had it, much less eat it on a regular basis.
But once you hear what all this healing fruit can do, I have no doubt it’ll become a regular on your shopping list.
- It can help protect against heart attacks and strokes. That’s because nutrients in papaya can help lower homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels damage blood vessels and have been linked to heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and osteoporosis.
- It can help prevent colon cancer. The fiber in papaya has been shown to bind to dangerous toxins in the colon, keeping them away from your healthy cells. It is also loaded with other known colon-cancer-reducing nutrients like folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
- It can help prevent breast cancer. When 14 fruits were tested, papaya was the only one that had anti-cancer effects on breast cancer cells.
- It can help alleviate arthritis pain. Foods rich in vitamin C (especially papaya) have been shown to protect against polyarthritis—that’s when rheumatoid arthritis impacts multiple joints.
- It helps protect eyesight. When you eat papaya, your body converts it to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial for your eyes. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two critical nutrients for preventing age-related blindness.
- It can help you lose weight. Many people trying to lose weight avoid fruit because of their high sugar and calorie content. Papaya is surprisingly low in calories. Plus, it contains an enzyme that helps increase metabolism, making it an ideal weight-loss food.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are like Pac-men that gobble up harmful substances in the body. These substances (free radicals) cause oxidative stress that contributes to numerous diseases, including Alzheimer’s and cancer. When people with Alzheimer’s were given a papaya extract for six months, it led to a 40% drop in a marker of oxidative damage to DNA.
- It can improve digestion. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that makes it easier to digest protein. One study showed that after taking a papaya formula for 40 days, participants had improvements in constipation and bloating.
If you’re not used to eating papayas, ripeness is key. They should be yellow to orange-red, and slightly tender.
You can cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and eat it like a cantaloupe. Or you could toss it in a smoothie, on a salad, or with Greek yogurt and nuts.
I like mine best served cold.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
It’s a common sickness that impacts millions of American’s every year… and many of them are seniors. And other than making you miserable for a few days, most folks are no worse for wear. But that all could be about to change. Because this seemingly harmless bacterial infection is threatening to become next on a...
If you’re diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, your doctor will give you meds to take. But no drug can cure Alzheimer’s. And no drug can prevent it, either. But you don’t need to take a drug to prevent the disease. A new study has shown that there’s a drug-free way to reduce your risk by nearly...
Surgeons love to operate… and men with prostate cancer are sitting ducks. Having cancer surgically removed might seem like an obvious choice—but it’s not. In reality, doing nothing is likely your best, safest option. The problem is that current testing options don’t tell you if your cancer is aggressive (and needs to be removed), or...
Leave it to Big Pharma to sell you one drug to help prevent heart attacks… and another that can CAUSE them. That’s right. A popular diabetes drug can increase your risk of numerous types of heart issues… including heart attacks. Big Pharma has known about this risk for years—and the drug is banned in Europe....
No one wants to undergo chemotherapy. But for most patients, the threat of side effects like nausea, hair loss, fatigue, and mouth sores is a small price to pay for the hope of becoming cancer-free. But what if there was a way to get the benefits of chemo without those terrible side effects? Well, there...
Did you know that having a relative who has had stomach cancer can triple your risk of getting the disease? That’s the bad news. The good news is that there’s an easy way to SLASH your risk of developing this deadly disease by more than half—even if the condition runs in the family. And it...
It’s no secret that we already have enough factors stacked against our heart health. Obesity, blood pressure, cholesterol, stress, lack of sleep, lack of sunlight… it’s just too much for our hearts to handle. Mainstream medicine is SUPPOSED to be helping. But we all know that they just push Big Pharma’s drugs… and don’t care...
Alzheimer’s disease isn’t just about your genetics. Just because your dad or granddad had the disease doesn’t mean you WILL too. You see, only a very small percentage of Alzheimer’s cases are actually inherited from a parent. It’s called familial Alzheimer’s disease, and these cases typically start in your 30s or 40s. Now, a recent...
I’m used to being called a quack by now. Any time your recommendations go against the mainstream’s ideology, they’re quick to try to discredit you. Nevermind the fact that it’s all 100% backed by science. Nevermind the fact that it works. Case in point: It’s the number one thing I’m criticized for recommending. Yet studies...
Invasive breast cancer impacts the lives of one in every eight women. Of course, you want to do everything in your power to make sure you or someone you love is not one of those women. But wouldn’t it be even better if we could cut that number to 1 in 10, or 1 in...