This “Super Fruit” Stops Disease (But You’re Probably Not Eating It)
Let’s take a quiz.
What has more vitamin C than an orange…
Has 75% of the RDA of vitamin A…
And has even been show you fight cancer… heart disease… blindness… and arthritis?
It’s a delicious, tropical fruit that’s been called the “fruit of angels” — and chances are, you’re not getting nearly enough of it.
Read on to learn more.
The answer is…papaya!
I’m surprised by how many people have never even had it, much less eat it on a regular basis.
But once you hear what all this healing fruit can do, I have no doubt it’ll become a regular on your shopping list.
- It can help protect against heart attacks and strokes. That’s because nutrients in papaya can help lower homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels damage blood vessels and have been linked to heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and osteoporosis.
- It can help prevent colon cancer. The fiber in papaya has been shown to bind to dangerous toxins in the colon, keeping them away from your healthy cells. It is also loaded with other known colon-cancer-reducing nutrients like folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
- It can help prevent breast cancer. When 14 fruits were tested, papaya was the only one that had anti-cancer effects on breast cancer cells.
- It can help alleviate arthritis pain. Foods rich in vitamin C (especially papaya) have been shown to protect against polyarthritis—that’s when rheumatoid arthritis impacts multiple joints.
- It helps protect eyesight. When you eat papaya, your body converts it to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial for your eyes. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two critical nutrients for preventing age-related blindness.
- It can help you lose weight. Many people trying to lose weight avoid fruit because of their high sugar and calorie content. Papaya is surprisingly low in calories. Plus, it contains an enzyme that helps increase metabolism, making it an ideal weight-loss food.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are like Pac-men that gobble up harmful substances in the body. These substances (free radicals) cause oxidative stress that contributes to numerous diseases, including Alzheimer’s and cancer. When people with Alzheimer’s were given a papaya extract for six months, it led to a 40% drop in a marker of oxidative damage to DNA.
- It can improve digestion. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that makes it easier to digest protein. One study showed that after taking a papaya formula for 40 days, participants had improvements in constipation and bloating.
If you’re not used to eating papayas, ripeness is key. They should be yellow to orange-red, and slightly tender.
You can cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and eat it like a cantaloupe. Or you could toss it in a smoothie, on a salad, or with Greek yogurt and nuts.
I like mine best served cold.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
You know the old adage… an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, there’s another health food that you should be eating every day. Some mainstream docs might advise against it and claim it’s too high in fat. But it turns out this high-fat health food can actually help you lose weight—and boost your...
It’s no secret that vitamin D can help combat cancer. Studies even show that it can help prevent you from dying from this life-threatening illness. But even if you think you’re getting plenty of vitamin D, you could be doing something else that cancels out this key protective benefit. And unfortunately, this is the reality...
If the fountain of youth existed, we’d all be drinking from it. And if there was a pill that could help you live longer, we’d all be taking it. Well, I’ve got the next best thing. It’s a common supplement that many have been using for decades to aid with their joints. But now, it...
The earlier you’re diagnosed with dementia, the better your outcome. Early intervention is your best bet at slowing the progression of the disease, which could help extend the quality of your life. Last week I told you about a newly discovered early warning sign of dementia (you can read about that here). Today, I’m going...
As the COVID-19 vaccines are being rolled out all across the US, millions of people have an important decision to make: To get the vaccine, or not to get the vaccine? Personally, I think that some people SHOULD get it, while others should AVOID it. (Read more about that here.) But if the fear of...
We’re almost at the end of January. How are those New Year’s weight loss resolutions holding up? If you’re like most people… they’re already in the rearview mirror. That can be a big problem if you’re trying to lose weight to avoid type 2 diabetes. But you don’t have to lose 10, 20, or even...
When it comes to COVID-19, no one is immune. That’s why we ALL must take precautions to prevent getting or spreading infection. But some people are more vulnerable than others. And a recent study that combed through millions of people found that one particular group of people faces a significantly higher risk. Researchers evaluated the...
The medical community is still hard at work trying to win the war on cancer. But you can’t lose a battle you never start. In other words, the key to beating cancer is never getting it in the first place. The good news is, there are steps you can take to dramatically reduce your risk....
Modern comforts might be convenient… but they’re rarely healthy. The health risks of being too sedentary is the perfect example. Lack of activity increases your risk of obesity, heart disease, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes… and early death. But there’s another major risk that comes from sitting on your couch that has nothing to do with...
When it comes to Alzheimer’s, prevention is best… but early detection is the next best thing. You see, even though there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s, the earlier you begin treatment, the slower your disease will progress. Early treatment could mean more years of being yourself and maintaining your independence. Researchers have identified a new, better...