This “Super Fruit” Stops Disease (But You’re Probably Not Eating It)
Let’s take a quiz.
What has more vitamin C than an orange…
Has 75% of the RDA of vitamin A…
And has even been show you fight cancer… heart disease… blindness… and arthritis?
It’s a delicious, tropical fruit that’s been called the “fruit of angels” — and chances are, you’re not getting nearly enough of it.
Read on to learn more.
The answer is…papaya!
I’m surprised by how many people have never even had it, much less eat it on a regular basis.
But once you hear what all this healing fruit can do, I have no doubt it’ll become a regular on your shopping list.
- It can help protect against heart attacks and strokes. That’s because nutrients in papaya can help lower homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels damage blood vessels and have been linked to heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and osteoporosis.
- It can help prevent colon cancer. The fiber in papaya has been shown to bind to dangerous toxins in the colon, keeping them away from your healthy cells. It is also loaded with other known colon-cancer-reducing nutrients like folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
- It can help prevent breast cancer. When 14 fruits were tested, papaya was the only one that had anti-cancer effects on breast cancer cells.
- It can help alleviate arthritis pain. Foods rich in vitamin C (especially papaya) have been shown to protect against polyarthritis—that’s when rheumatoid arthritis impacts multiple joints.
- It helps protect eyesight. When you eat papaya, your body converts it to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial for your eyes. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two critical nutrients for preventing age-related blindness.
- It can help you lose weight. Many people trying to lose weight avoid fruit because of their high sugar and calorie content. Papaya is surprisingly low in calories. Plus, it contains an enzyme that helps increase metabolism, making it an ideal weight-loss food.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are like Pac-men that gobble up harmful substances in the body. These substances (free radicals) cause oxidative stress that contributes to numerous diseases, including Alzheimer’s and cancer. When people with Alzheimer’s were given a papaya extract for six months, it led to a 40% drop in a marker of oxidative damage to DNA.
- It can improve digestion. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that makes it easier to digest protein. One study showed that after taking a papaya formula for 40 days, participants had improvements in constipation and bloating.
If you’re not used to eating papayas, ripeness is key. They should be yellow to orange-red, and slightly tender.
You can cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and eat it like a cantaloupe. Or you could toss it in a smoothie, on a salad, or with Greek yogurt and nuts.
I like mine best served cold.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Some health issues have an impact on your life. Others, like indigestion, attack your QUALITY of life. Common symptoms like bloating, nausea, and stomach pain can sideline you. They make you miss out on the things you love and leave you miserable. But if you battle indigestion, I have some FANTASTIC news. Researchers uncovered a...
When it comes to your health, you’re either building it up or tearing it down. The same is true of your brain. The dramatic rise in dementia and Alzheimer’s over the past few decades is NOT due to bad luck or bad genes… but bad choices. But this is good news because it means YOU’RE...
If it’s not a drug, modern medicine downplays its impact. Unfortunately, the idea that food can be used as medicine isn’t taken seriously. Or worse, it’s outright dismissed. It’s a tragedy and an outrage. After all, healthy foods are brimming with potent nutrients, every bit as powerful as any drug in the pharmacy. These “natural...
If you’re a regular Natural Health Today reader, you ALREADY know I’m a BIG fan of sunlight. Getting plenty of sunshine throughout your day sets your circadian rhythm, translating to better sleep, metabolism, energy levels, and more. Sunlight is also, hands down, the BEST source of vitamin D. Why would you want to load up...
Men, if you find yourself suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED), you want solutions. FAST. And I get it. Regardless of your age, it’s a disturbing condition. But today, I have a warning for you. New research reveals that instead of seeing ED as merely a problem that needs fixing, you should see it as a...
Yesterday, I told you about new research revealing that obesity-related heart deaths have tripled in recent years. If this has you thinking about ways to reduce the number on the scale, great! But if you’re considering choosing sugar-free, zero-calorie packaged diet foods made with sugar substitutes… That’s NOT the way to do it. Sugar substitutes...
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. In fact, the CDC says it’s responsible for 1 in 5 deaths, killing someone every 33 seconds. This is DESPITE the advanced testing methods, millions of people taking prescription heart drugs—like statins, ACE inhibitors, and aspirin—and the push for people to eat...
All kinds of things can HARM your heart health. (In fact, later this week, I will touch on two of them.) But today, we’ll talk about the opposite: A simple way to dramatically reduce your heart risk. In fact, this easy heart hack could lower your blood pressure by as many as 10 points—no drugs...
They say that laughter is the best medicine. Now I know having a good laugh certainly makes me FEEL happier and less stressed. But could a good giggle REALLY be beneficial enough to be called medicine? A study examining the effects of “laughter therapy” asked that exact question. And the surprising answer is YES… especially...
When you’re young, a broken bone means getting a cool cast that all your friends sign. When you’re a senior, it could mean a death certificate. And yet, DESPITE this so-called “healthy” diet being linked to a SOARING hip fracture risk, it keeps getting shoved down our throats. Don’t let anyone fool you: There’s nothing...