This “Super Fruit” Stops Disease (But You’re Probably Not Eating It)
Let’s take a quiz.
What has more vitamin C than an orange…
Has 75% of the RDA of vitamin A…
And has even been show you fight cancer… heart disease… blindness… and arthritis?
It’s a delicious, tropical fruit that’s been called the “fruit of angels” — and chances are, you’re not getting nearly enough of it.
Read on to learn more.
The answer is…papaya!
I’m surprised by how many people have never even had it, much less eat it on a regular basis.
But once you hear what all this healing fruit can do, I have no doubt it’ll become a regular on your shopping list.
- It can help protect against heart attacks and strokes. That’s because nutrients in papaya can help lower homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels damage blood vessels and have been linked to heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and osteoporosis.
- It can help prevent colon cancer. The fiber in papaya has been shown to bind to dangerous toxins in the colon, keeping them away from your healthy cells. It is also loaded with other known colon-cancer-reducing nutrients like folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
- It can help prevent breast cancer. When 14 fruits were tested, papaya was the only one that had anti-cancer effects on breast cancer cells.
- It can help alleviate arthritis pain. Foods rich in vitamin C (especially papaya) have been shown to protect against polyarthritis—that’s when rheumatoid arthritis impacts multiple joints.
- It helps protect eyesight. When you eat papaya, your body converts it to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial for your eyes. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two critical nutrients for preventing age-related blindness.
- It can help you lose weight. Many people trying to lose weight avoid fruit because of their high sugar and calorie content. Papaya is surprisingly low in calories. Plus, it contains an enzyme that helps increase metabolism, making it an ideal weight-loss food.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are like Pac-men that gobble up harmful substances in the body. These substances (free radicals) cause oxidative stress that contributes to numerous diseases, including Alzheimer’s and cancer. When people with Alzheimer’s were given a papaya extract for six months, it led to a 40% drop in a marker of oxidative damage to DNA.
- It can improve digestion. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that makes it easier to digest protein. One study showed that after taking a papaya formula for 40 days, participants had improvements in constipation and bloating.
If you’re not used to eating papayas, ripeness is key. They should be yellow to orange-red, and slightly tender.
You can cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and eat it like a cantaloupe. Or you could toss it in a smoothie, on a salad, or with Greek yogurt and nuts.
I like mine best served cold.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Tired of those embarrassing senior moments? Maybe you’ve forgotten someone’s name after you just met them. Or worse… spent hours looking for your car… and it’s parked just 100 feet away. If this is hitting a little too close to home, I’ve got great news for you today. Thanks to a revolutionary breakthrough, you can make...
When it comes to stopping breast cancer, mainstream medicine doesn’t have much useful to say. They’ll talk all about the benefits of early detection – but that only catches cancer AFTER you already have it. I think we can do better… In fact, there’s a special type of omega-3 fatty acid that’s 8 TIMES more...
The government… the drug companies… the media… it feels like EVERYONE is sounding the alarm. Flu season has ARRIVED. You’re probably already familiar with the typical flu symptoms: the fever, chills, muscle aches, fatigue. It can make even the strongest man beg for his mama. For the vast majority of people, these will be the...
Millions of people deal with the symptoms of acid reflux on a daily basis. The heartburn. The indigestion. The bloating. It can make your life absolutely miserable. But if this is hitting close to home, then these uncomfortable symptoms are the least of your concerns. Because acid reflux causes far more harm than the symptoms...
Every time I see people walking down the street with their cell phone pressed against their ear, it makes me cringe. Don’t people know these radiation-emitting devices can CAUSE CANCER? Unfortunately, many of them probably don’t. After all, the government and cell phone companies are dead set on keeping this information to themselves. But I’m...
You know that what you eat impacts things like your heart, your brain, and your gut. Eating the right foods can reduce arthritis pain, boost your mood, and even improve your sex drive. Yet most people are shocked when I tell them that their diet plays a direct role in another all-too-common condition of aging:...
It’s one of the main problems with Alzheimer’s disease: Once you know you have it, it’s too late to do anything about it. But what if you could catch it early, BEFORE any cognitive impairments start showing up? Then you’d be able to take important steps to either stop—or, at the very least, SLOW its...
For years, the PSA test was the end-all, be-all of prostate testing. Doctors pushed the test on their patients, and the patients dutifully listened. More recently, studies have revealed that the PSA test isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. We learned that high PSA levels don’t necessarily indicate that a man has prostate cancer…...
I’m a big believer in using food as medicine. But a lot of the “superfoods” out there don’t taste so super at all. One day there will be a study telling you to eat a pound of kale a day… and the next day, some researcher wants to add steamed broccoli to every meal. Who’s...
If you want to live to 90… or 100… or beyond, you’ll hear lots of talk about “lifestyle factors.” Your doc will tell you to quit smoking, exercise, and give up the junk food. And that’s all pretty good advice. But what if the key to a long life isn’t HOW you live, but WHERE...