This “Super Fruit” Stops Disease (But You’re Probably Not Eating It)
Let’s take a quiz.
What has more vitamin C than an orange…
Has 75% of the RDA of vitamin A…
And has even been show you fight cancer… heart disease… blindness… and arthritis?
It’s a delicious, tropical fruit that’s been called the “fruit of angels” — and chances are, you’re not getting nearly enough of it.
Read on to learn more.
The answer is…papaya!
I’m surprised by how many people have never even had it, much less eat it on a regular basis.
But once you hear what all this healing fruit can do, I have no doubt it’ll become a regular on your shopping list.
- It can help protect against heart attacks and strokes. That’s because nutrients in papaya can help lower homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels damage blood vessels and have been linked to heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and osteoporosis.
- It can help prevent colon cancer. The fiber in papaya has been shown to bind to dangerous toxins in the colon, keeping them away from your healthy cells. It is also loaded with other known colon-cancer-reducing nutrients like folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
- It can help prevent breast cancer. When 14 fruits were tested, papaya was the only one that had anti-cancer effects on breast cancer cells.
- It can help alleviate arthritis pain. Foods rich in vitamin C (especially papaya) have been shown to protect against polyarthritis—that’s when rheumatoid arthritis impacts multiple joints.
- It helps protect eyesight. When you eat papaya, your body converts it to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial for your eyes. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two critical nutrients for preventing age-related blindness.
- It can help you lose weight. Many people trying to lose weight avoid fruit because of their high sugar and calorie content. Papaya is surprisingly low in calories. Plus, it contains an enzyme that helps increase metabolism, making it an ideal weight-loss food.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are like Pac-men that gobble up harmful substances in the body. These substances (free radicals) cause oxidative stress that contributes to numerous diseases, including Alzheimer’s and cancer. When people with Alzheimer’s were given a papaya extract for six months, it led to a 40% drop in a marker of oxidative damage to DNA.
- It can improve digestion. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that makes it easier to digest protein. One study showed that after taking a papaya formula for 40 days, participants had improvements in constipation and bloating.
If you’re not used to eating papayas, ripeness is key. They should be yellow to orange-red, and slightly tender.
You can cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and eat it like a cantaloupe. Or you could toss it in a smoothie, on a salad, or with Greek yogurt and nuts.
I like mine best served cold.
To a brighter day,
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Q: I’ve been dealing with varicose veins for years. I’m so embarrassed by them that I won’t wear shorts—or even go swimming—in the summer. Plus, they constantly burn and itch. I don’t want to have surgery. Are there any natural treatments I can try? -Dorothy M. Dr. G: Anyone who suffers from varicose veins knows that...
You know that carrying around extra weight is a huge threat to your health. Being overweight puts you on the fast track to heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and an early death. But here’s why I think more people don’t lose weight — it’s just too darned hard! You practically starve yourself and you work out like...
I’m going to cut right to the chase. How would you like to start falling asleep TWICE as fast? How does an extra 84 minutes of sleep each night sound to you? I’ve probably treated THOUSANDS of patients with sleep problems over the years. And here’s something I’ve learned: most “sleep aids” on the market...
Q:I have trouble sleeping almost every night. I’ve tried sleeping pills, but I hate how they make me feel the next day. And I feel like they’ve stopped working. What do you recommend? -Gina S., Binghamton, NY Dr. G.: You’ve heard me say before just how important your circadian rhythm is for regulating your sleep. ...
Everywhere you turn, someone is telling you how important it is to eat healthy. But what on Earth does that mean? There’s so much conflicting health information out there these days, I don’t blame you if you’re confused. But there are 7 food lies that have been spreading for years, and MILLIONS of people have...
You don’t have to be a doctor to know that dementia cases are SKYROCKETING these days. We all know someone who has been affected… who has had their memory and personality slowly destroyed by this devastating disease. Scientists say we’re seeing more dementia because of the poor foods we eat… or because of all the...
Big Pharma is making an absolute KILLING selling diabetes medications. Insulin and metformin have always been dirt cheap… but you knew that wouldn’t last. Now, there are diabetes drugs on the market that cost THOUSANDS of dollars a year. But you don’t have the break the bank to control your blood sugar. There’s a simple...
If you’ve ever head a heart attack, you’re probably doing everything in your power to avoid another one. And that’s the right idea. Your risk of dying goes through the roof after a second heart attack. But sometimes what you THINK you should be doing is the exact OPPOSITE of what you should actually be...
If you’re living with rheumatoid arthritis, you know what a nightmare it is. The pain, swelling, and stiffness can make life unbearable. And you probably have a medicine cabinet full of drugs all promising relief. But maybe it’s time to ditch the medicine cabinet… and turn to your pantry instead. Because there’s a good chance...
A new study has unveiled the leading cause of death in America. And it isn’t heart disease. It isn’t cancer. It’s not diabetes. In fact, it’s not a disease at all. But it’s a risk you need to know about—because there’s a good chance it’s ALREADY wrecking your health. To determine the leading cause of...