Vision Problems? You MUST Read This!
Have you started “playing trombone” yet?
You know… that in and out motion you make when you’re trying to get your book in focus.
Maybe your eyesight is starting to slip. Or maybe you’re worried about developing macular degeneration, cataracts, or glaucoma.
Either way, loading up on certain key nutrients can help protect your eyes from age-related changes as you get older.
Here are my top five.
The three big enemies to eye health as you age are cataracts, degeneration, and glaucoma.
- Cataracts occur when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy. It’s like looking through a foggy window.
- Age-related macular degeneration occurs when your central vision gets destroyed, making it impossible to do everyday tasks like driving.
- Glaucoma occurs when your optic nerve becomes damaged from a buildup of pressure. It is irreversible, and it leads to vision loss and blindness.
Together, these conditions impact nearly 30 million people over the age of 40 (with cataracts making up the bulk of the cases).
But while cataracts can be surgically removed, glaucoma and AMD are progressive and irreversible. That means you want to do everything in your power to make sure you never get that diagnosis.
And the best way to do that is by loading up on nutrients proven to support eye health and prevent these exact conditions.
- Vitamin A helps maintain a clear cornea, it helps your eyes see in low-light conditions, and it can protect against cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Carotenoids – like lutein and zeaxanthin – are located in your macula and retina and help filter damaging blue light from your “smart” devices. Studies show that they can help slow the progression of cataracts and macular degeneration. Along those same lines, another carotenoid, beta carotene, can also help filter out harmful blue light.
- Vitamin C is well-known as an immune booster, but it is also a powerful antioxidant that helps scavenge free radicals throughout your body—including those in your eyes. That’s one reason why it can reduce your risk of developing cataracts by up to 45%.
- Vitamin E helps prevent age-related changes in your eyes. One study shows that supplementing with vitamin E helped slow the progression of macular degeneration by 25%.
- B vitamins can help prevent all three eye conditions. The combination of vitamins B6, B9, and B12 reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration. Vitamin B2 reduces the risk of cataracts. And vitamin B3 can decrease the risk of glaucoma.
The best way to get more of these nutrients is to eat foods that contain them.
But if your diet isn’t loaded with fruits and vegetables, you should consider adding in supplements as well. There are numerous products on the market specifically designed for eye health that contain a combination of these and other nutrients.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Osteoarthritis is a pain in every sense of the word. Besides the pain in your joints, it’s a pain in general to have to deal with pain and stiffness when getting out of bed in the morning. It’s a pain not to be able to walk to the bathroom without pain. It’s a pain to...
If you want to BE healthy, you have to LIVE healthy. But if you’re like most people, you aren’t willing to overhaul your entire diet – and you certainly aren’t prepared never to eat pizza again. I don’t blame you. Fortunately, you don’t have to. In fact, making just ONE simple change to your diet...
Ah, the elusive Fountain of Youth. If it existed, you wouldn’t just drink a cup of it… you’d dive right in and swim around in it. Well, the fountain itself might not exist, but nature has the next best thing. It’s a drink that lowers your risk of having a fatal heart attack—and can help...
For most of the history of the world, humans ate actual food. Meat came from animals that lived in the wild. Vegetables came from the backyard garden. Berries were picked in the wild in season. You get the picture. But just in the past 100 years or so, our food has been hijacked. And even...
If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to reduce the amount of stress in your life, you’re in good company. There are all kinds of reasons to cut stress out of your life –it can lead to chronic fatigue, headaches, stomach problems, anger, and other health issues. And there are all kinds of ways...
Earlier in the week, I told you about a benefit of exercise that has nothing to do with fitness or weight loss: It can help boost brain volume and decrease the risk of cognitive decline. Those are great reasons to get off the couch and get moving in this new year. But if you need...
Let’s be honest. When most people hear about a cure for diabetes, they think, “yeah right.” So I don’t blame you if you think that it’s a far-fetched possiblibilty… especially one that claims to work in just six hours. But for the men who were able to stop taking their insulin, they went from skeptics...
If you’ve gone through menopause, chances are your doctor has told you that you’re at a higher risk of coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac death. And he’s probably even used these facts to scare you into taking statins or a daily dose of aspirin. But you don’t need to take Big Pharma’s overpriced, side-effect-laden,...
Alzheimer’s disease is predicted to become a full-blown epidemic by 2050. But you don’t have to be diagnosed with dementia to experience the everyday impact of an aging brain… Like forgetting why you walked into a room or having trouble finding the exact word you want to use. But it doesn’t have to be that...
Superbugs are a serious health threat. They infect over 2 million people—and kill thousands—every year. And it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. As bacteria become resistant to mainstream’s best antibiotics, researchers are searching for a solution… I don’t care what form it comes in… as long as it’s safe and...