Vision Problems? You MUST Read This!
Have you started “playing trombone” yet?
You know… that in and out motion you make when you’re trying to get your book in focus.
Maybe your eyesight is starting to slip. Or maybe you’re worried about developing macular degeneration, cataracts, or glaucoma.
Either way, loading up on certain key nutrients can help protect your eyes from age-related changes as you get older.
Here are my top five.
The three big enemies to eye health as you age are cataracts, degeneration, and glaucoma.
- Cataracts occur when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy. It’s like looking through a foggy window.
- Age-related macular degeneration occurs when your central vision gets destroyed, making it impossible to do everyday tasks like driving.
- Glaucoma occurs when your optic nerve becomes damaged from a buildup of pressure. It is irreversible, and it leads to vision loss and blindness.
Together, these conditions impact nearly 30 million people over the age of 40 (with cataracts making up the bulk of the cases).
But while cataracts can be surgically removed, glaucoma and AMD are progressive and irreversible. That means you want to do everything in your power to make sure you never get that diagnosis.
And the best way to do that is by loading up on nutrients proven to support eye health and prevent these exact conditions.
- Vitamin A helps maintain a clear cornea, it helps your eyes see in low-light conditions, and it can protect against cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Carotenoids – like lutein and zeaxanthin – are located in your macula and retina and help filter damaging blue light from your “smart” devices. Studies show that they can help slow the progression of cataracts and macular degeneration. Along those same lines, another carotenoid, beta carotene, can also help filter out harmful blue light.
- Vitamin C is well-known as an immune booster, but it is also a powerful antioxidant that helps scavenge free radicals throughout your body—including those in your eyes. That’s one reason why it can reduce your risk of developing cataracts by up to 45%.
- Vitamin E helps prevent age-related changes in your eyes. One study shows that supplementing with vitamin E helped slow the progression of macular degeneration by 25%.
- B vitamins can help prevent all three eye conditions. The combination of vitamins B6, B9, and B12 reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration. Vitamin B2 reduces the risk of cataracts. And vitamin B3 can decrease the risk of glaucoma.
The best way to get more of these nutrients is to eat foods that contain them.
But if your diet isn’t loaded with fruits and vegetables, you should consider adding in supplements as well. There are numerous products on the market specifically designed for eye health that contain a combination of these and other nutrients.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Earlier this week, I told you about a drug that could improve your chances of surviving if you have a severe case of COVID-19. It was a breakthrough finding that has the potential to save thousands of lives. But wouldn’t it be better not to contract COVID-19 in the first place? Today, I’m going to...
Most of the foods located in the center aisle of the grocery store shouldn’t come with “nutrition” labels… they should come with WARNING LABELS. The food stocking those shelves is single-handedly responsible for more sickness, disease, disability, and death than smoking, air pollution, or any other pollutant you think of. And now, researchers have identified...
Your personality says a lot about who you are and how you look at life. But did you know it can also impact your disease risk? More specifically, it can impact your risk of developing dementia. Find out what these two specific traits can tell you about your risk. Psychologists say that there are five...
The government’s track record on health advice is about as reliable as your local weather forecaster’s. (Hint: It stinks.) But if Uncle Sam has scared you out of eating your favorite foods (or at least made you feel guilty when you do), then today’s your lucky day. Research has finally vindicated some of those “bad”...
If you only read one article this week, this should be it. It could give you a fighting chance in the COVID-19 era. A new study shows that a certain drug can reduce deaths among patients with severe cases of COVID-19. This is the among the FIRST drugs to show a fighting chance for coronavirus...
Healthy diets don’t have to be boring or bland. In fact, adding in spices can make your food tastier… and it can pile on the health benefits, too. There’s one spice that’s a staple in our house. I put it in everything from soups to smoothies. And research shows it can help you beat just...
The more we learn about cancer, the more one thing becomes clear: It can be prevented. Research has estimated that HALF or more of all cancer deaths could be prevented by making better lifestyle choices. There are obvious ones, like not smoking and maintaining a healthy weight. But then there are the not-so-obvious ones… Like...
Alzheimer’s disease is one of the fast-growing conditions in the US. More than 5 million people have been diagnosed, and it’s expected to balloon to 14 million in the next 40 years. There’s no cure for this brain-robbing disease—but scientists have identified some key strategies for making sure you never have to worry about becoming...
If the cancer doesn’t kill you, the treatment will. That’s the sad truth about mainstream’s best (and worst) cancer treatment. Chemotherapy is notorious for causing horrific stomach issues like nausea, pain, and can even damage your intestines. Fortunately, there’s a way to END some of these horrible side effects. And it all starts by getting...
If you’re diabetic, you’ve probably been told to stay away from fruit and bread—basically anything that will increase your blood sugar. So this latest finding will seem rather bizarre. A certain FLOUR made from weird-looking FRUIT is not only safe for diabetics… it can actually help DESTROY the disease. They’ve been eating it in India...