Vision Problems? You MUST Read This!
Have you started “playing trombone” yet?
You know… that in and out motion you make when you’re trying to get your book in focus.
Maybe your eyesight is starting to slip. Or maybe you’re worried about developing macular degeneration, cataracts, or glaucoma.
Either way, loading up on certain key nutrients can help protect your eyes from age-related changes as you get older.
Here are my top five.
The three big enemies to eye health as you age are cataracts, degeneration, and glaucoma.
- Cataracts occur when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy. It’s like looking through a foggy window.
- Age-related macular degeneration occurs when your central vision gets destroyed, making it impossible to do everyday tasks like driving.
- Glaucoma occurs when your optic nerve becomes damaged from a buildup of pressure. It is irreversible, and it leads to vision loss and blindness.
Together, these conditions impact nearly 30 million people over the age of 40 (with cataracts making up the bulk of the cases).
But while cataracts can be surgically removed, glaucoma and AMD are progressive and irreversible. That means you want to do everything in your power to make sure you never get that diagnosis.
And the best way to do that is by loading up on nutrients proven to support eye health and prevent these exact conditions.
- Vitamin A helps maintain a clear cornea, it helps your eyes see in low-light conditions, and it can protect against cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Carotenoids – like lutein and zeaxanthin – are located in your macula and retina and help filter damaging blue light from your “smart” devices. Studies show that they can help slow the progression of cataracts and macular degeneration. Along those same lines, another carotenoid, beta carotene, can also help filter out harmful blue light.
- Vitamin C is well-known as an immune booster, but it is also a powerful antioxidant that helps scavenge free radicals throughout your body—including those in your eyes. That’s one reason why it can reduce your risk of developing cataracts by up to 45%.
- Vitamin E helps prevent age-related changes in your eyes. One study shows that supplementing with vitamin E helped slow the progression of macular degeneration by 25%.
- B vitamins can help prevent all three eye conditions. The combination of vitamins B6, B9, and B12 reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration. Vitamin B2 reduces the risk of cataracts. And vitamin B3 can decrease the risk of glaucoma.
The best way to get more of these nutrients is to eat foods that contain them.
But if your diet isn’t loaded with fruits and vegetables, you should consider adding in supplements as well. There are numerous products on the market specifically designed for eye health that contain a combination of these and other nutrients.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Alzheimer’s rates continue to soar. But don’t expect drug companies to swoop in and save the day anytime soon. Because no matter how much money Big Pharma dumps into developing drugs for Alzheimer’s, they all end up as big, fat failures. But it gets worse… so MUCH worse. Incredibly, some of Big Pharma’s most popular...
When it comes to reducing your risk of cancer, every little (or BIG) bit helps. Like exercise, which can lower your risk of certain cancers by 40-50 percent. Or maintaining healthy vitamin D levels, which can lower your risk up to 67 percent. When you string together enough of these cancer-risk reducers, you’ll have a...
Mainstream medicine teaches you to reach for a pill when you get sick, are in pain, or feel tired. But I prefer a unique, drug-free treatment instead. A powerful solution that does everything from reducing pain and inflammation to increasing hormone levels and immune function. Best of all? This simple therapy is quick and 100...
One of the biggest pitfalls of mainstream medicine is that it is primarily symptom-based. They have a separate drug to treat every symptom you can imagine. But all too often, uncovering and treating the underlying CAUSE of those symptoms never happens. And when the drugs cause side effects, they pile on even MORE meds to...
I’m a BIG fan of vitamin D. And so is your body. In fact, it’s hard to overstate how critical this superstar nutrient is for your health. The sunshine vitamin is a key player in bone and tooth strength. It supports a healthy immune system so your body can fight off illnesses. It can even...
They say with age comes wisdom. But you and I both know the truth. With each passing year comes a few extra POUNDS. Gaining weight as you age almost seems inevitable. After all, you watch what you eat like a hawk… count every calorie… exercise all the time… and drink enough water to float a...
Name just about any major disease… like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, stroke, or depression. And I’ll give you a SINGLE, drug-free solution that could slash your risk for every one of them. Sounds almost too good to be true, right? But wait, I’m not done yet. This solution couldn’t be simpler to implement. Plus, believe it...
Whenever we talk about dieting, it’s laser-focused on one thing. And that, of course, is LOSING WEIGHT. Now, if you’re overweight, that’s of course an important goal. But weight loss alone isn’t the ONLY thing you ought to be thinking about… Shedding the RIGHT KIND of weight is critical too. Because all fat isn’t the...
If you had your way, you’d forget your arthritis even existed. You’d go ahead and live your life on your own terms. But arthritis won’t let that happen. Instead, it insists on reminding you of its painful presence all day long. Opening a jar, grasping a knitting needle, or tying a shoe can all lead...
The holidays are headed our way like a speeding bullet. Sure, this may be the most wonderful time of year. But it’s also one of the most stressful. Between social obligations and shopping, it’s really no wonder that by the time we hit New Year’s Eve we’re exhausted and ready to rip our hair out....