13 Tips for a Healthier Heart
Heart disease remains the number one killer in the US.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There’s no ONE THING that makes or breaks heart health.
Every decision you make throughout the day impacts your heart either for the good… or the bad.
That’s why today, I’m going to share 13 ways to protect your heart. Some are obvious (like avoiding excess weight), but many are ones you may not have realized have anything to do with heart health (like having sex).
- Stop smoking. I hope you’re not a smoker—or if you were, that you quit a long time ago. Smoking is one of the MAIN controllable risk factors for heart disease.
- Lose the spare tire. Excess belly fat is tied to higher blood pressure and excess lipids.
- Have more sex. It lowers your blood pressure and your risk for heart disease.
- Eat more fish. Fish are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids that have heart-healthy benefits.
- Do some yoga. This form of exercise has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. It helps you relax, relieves stress, and boosts balance and flexibility.
- Drink some wine. In addition to boosting HDL “good” cholesterol levels, it can help prevent blood clots and artery damage.
- Get moving. I’m not talking about exercise specifically… I’m talking about sitting less. A sedentary lifestyle is bad for your lipids and your blood sugar, and has been tied to a reduced lifespan.
- Eat more nuts. Nuts of all kinds are loaded with heart-healthy fats and have been tied to a lower risk of heart disease.
- Drink tea. I’m a coffee guy myself, but drinking green and black tea has been linked to lower rates of angina and heart attacks.
- Brush your teeth. Good oral hygiene helps prevent the bacteria that causes gum disease—which can increase your risk of heart problems.
- Reduce stress. Chronic anxiety and stress increase your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Laugh more. Laughing has been shown to lower stress hormones, decrease inflammation in your arteries, and boost levels of HDL cholesterol.
- Eat chocolate. Dark chocolate contains healthy compounds called flavonoids that reduce inflammation and lower your risk of heart disease.
P.S. I recently wrote about a one of the best ways to reduce your risk of heart failure. Read about it, right here.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
"Diaphragm Dumbbell" Dials Down Blood Pressure
They call high blood pressure “the silent killer” for a reason. It can quietly do damage for YEARS before your first symptoms appear. And once they do, the clock is ticking to get your numbers under control. Because if you don’t, your risk of a heart attack or stroke goes through the roof. You see,...
The Nutrient Secret to Better Sleep
Don’t make the mistake of thinking poor sleep… or not getting ENOUGH of it … is no big deal. Bad quality sleep doesn’t just leave you feeling groggy and gross the next day. Over time, it can play a big part in just about any MAJOR health issue you can think of. That includes heart...
Are You Getting Enough Vitamin H?
Some vitamins are household names by now. If I mention nutrients like vitamin D, C, or B12, not only have you likely heard of them, but you probably also know a little about why they’re good for you. You might already have them in your “medicine” cabinet. However, I’m guessing you’ve never heard of vitamin...
“Bearded Tooth” Fungus Regrows Brain Cells?!
There’s a rare mushroom that goes by MANY names… But we should add the nickname “Smart Mushroom” to the list because of its ability to support cognitive health and brain function. Previous studies have shown this fungus can help improve cognitive function, protect against memory loss, and reduce symptoms of depression. In a recent study,...
Tackle BOTH Sleep and Mood Problems
I love using unconventional methods to treat common problems. And by unconventional, I mean anything other than what the mainstream would tell you to do. Take mood and sleep problems, for example. Too many people get a prescription and are sent on their merry way. I call that “getting written off.” Instead, I’ve found a...
Top 5 Joint Pain Supplements
If you’re living with joint pain, you don’t want Band-Aids… you want solutions. Typically, it occurs as a result of two underlying problems: Inflammation Cartilage breakdown If you address those two issues, you can get to the ROOT of joint pain. But traditional heavy-duty painkillers often come with unwanted side effects… Some inexpensive supplements can...
HIDDEN Heart Attack Trigger (Beware)
At first glance, my home state of Arizona and Hawaii have little in common. But both share an important distinction. Neither participates in the risky practice of daylight saving time (DST). It’s just one of the many reasons I love living here. The rest of the country shifted their clocks forward by an hour nearly...
Is This Bathroom Habit Triggering CANCER?
It’s always a good idea to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals. This can include things like ditching the Roundup to kill weeds in your yard or replacing your bathroom cleaner with natural solutions like vinegar and essential oils. But as you’re making the switch to a “cleaner” lifestyle, I’m guessing you never considered tossing...
Can Mouthwash STOP Arthritis Flare-ups?
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you’ll do anything to prevent a flare-up. These painful episodes can be caused by stress, lack of sleep, overexertion—or sometimes, seemingly nothing at all. Usually, the quickest way to get to the other side is to calm out-of-control inflammation, bringing it under control as quickly as possible. But what’s CAUSING...
Are YOU Activating Alzheimer’s Genes?
If there was an on/off switch for Alzheimer’s disease, you’d want to ensure it stayed in the OFF position, right? Well, it turns out you DO have one. In fact, it’s not just one but HUNDREDS. Because these Alzheimer’s switches come in the form of your GENES. These genes are turned ON or OFF based...