13 Tips for a Healthier Heart
Heart disease remains the number one killer in the US.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There’s no ONE THING that makes or breaks heart health.
Every decision you make throughout the day impacts your heart either for the good… or the bad.
That’s why today, I’m going to share 13 ways to protect your heart. Some are obvious (like avoiding excess weight), but many are ones you may not have realized have anything to do with heart health (like having sex).
- Stop smoking. I hope you’re not a smoker—or if you were, that you quit a long time ago. Smoking is one of the MAIN controllable risk factors for heart disease.
- Lose the spare tire. Excess belly fat is tied to higher blood pressure and excess lipids.
- Have more sex. It lowers your blood pressure and your risk for heart disease.
- Eat more fish. Fish are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids that have heart-healthy benefits.
- Do some yoga. This form of exercise has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. It helps you relax, relieves stress, and boosts balance and flexibility.
- Drink some wine. In addition to boosting HDL “good” cholesterol levels, it can help prevent blood clots and artery damage.
- Get moving. I’m not talking about exercise specifically… I’m talking about sitting less. A sedentary lifestyle is bad for your lipids and your blood sugar, and has been tied to a reduced lifespan.
- Eat more nuts. Nuts of all kinds are loaded with heart-healthy fats and have been tied to a lower risk of heart disease.
- Drink tea. I’m a coffee guy myself, but drinking green and black tea has been linked to lower rates of angina and heart attacks.
- Brush your teeth. Good oral hygiene helps prevent the bacteria that causes gum disease—which can increase your risk of heart problems.
- Reduce stress. Chronic anxiety and stress increase your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Laugh more. Laughing has been shown to lower stress hormones, decrease inflammation in your arteries, and boost levels of HDL cholesterol.
- Eat chocolate. Dark chocolate contains healthy compounds called flavonoids that reduce inflammation and lower your risk of heart disease.
P.S. I recently wrote about a one of the best ways to reduce your risk of heart failure. Read about it, right here.
Written By Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D.
For years he’s been the trusted doctor for celebrities, world-class athletes, and countless seniors looking to reclaim their health.
And now…for the first time ever… he’s making his medical breakthroughs available to readers all across America.
Dr. Richard Gerhauser, M.D. is one of the most pioneering and innovative minds in medicine today – and he delivers cutting-edge cures each month through his Natural Health Response newsletter.
Natural Health Response readers get full access to Dr. Gerhauser’s protocols for chronic pain… heart disease… diabetes… Alzheimer’s… and even cancer. These are the very same treatments Dr. Gerhauser recommends to his own patients at his practice in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to being a board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gerhauser has earned two master’s degrees and has served as a clinical professor at the University of Arizona.
And as a physician at the world-famous Canyon Ranch, Dr. Gerhauser treated celebrities from around the world who paid dearly for the type of next-generation health information he provides Natural Health Response readers each month.
View More Free Articles
Alzheimer’s rates continue to soar. But don’t expect drug companies to swoop in and save the day anytime soon. Because no matter how much money Big Pharma dumps into developing drugs for Alzheimer’s, they all end up as big, fat failures. But it gets worse… so MUCH worse. Incredibly, some of Big Pharma’s most popular...
When it comes to reducing your risk of cancer, every little (or BIG) bit helps. Like exercise, which can lower your risk of certain cancers by 40-50 percent. Or maintaining healthy vitamin D levels, which can lower your risk up to 67 percent. When you string together enough of these cancer-risk reducers, you’ll have a...
Mainstream medicine teaches you to reach for a pill when you get sick, are in pain, or feel tired. But I prefer a unique, drug-free treatment instead. A powerful solution that does everything from reducing pain and inflammation to increasing hormone levels and immune function. Best of all? This simple therapy is quick and 100...
One of the biggest pitfalls of mainstream medicine is that it is primarily symptom-based. They have a separate drug to treat every symptom you can imagine. But all too often, uncovering and treating the underlying CAUSE of those symptoms never happens. And when the drugs cause side effects, they pile on even MORE meds to...
I’m a BIG fan of vitamin D. And so is your body. In fact, it’s hard to overstate how critical this superstar nutrient is for your health. The sunshine vitamin is a key player in bone and tooth strength. It supports a healthy immune system so your body can fight off illnesses. It can even...
They say with age comes wisdom. But you and I both know the truth. With each passing year comes a few extra POUNDS. Gaining weight as you age almost seems inevitable. After all, you watch what you eat like a hawk… count every calorie… exercise all the time… and drink enough water to float a...
Name just about any major disease… like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, stroke, or depression. And I’ll give you a SINGLE, drug-free solution that could slash your risk for every one of them. Sounds almost too good to be true, right? But wait, I’m not done yet. This solution couldn’t be simpler to implement. Plus, believe it...
Whenever we talk about dieting, it’s laser-focused on one thing. And that, of course, is LOSING WEIGHT. Now, if you’re overweight, that’s of course an important goal. But weight loss alone isn’t the ONLY thing you ought to be thinking about… Shedding the RIGHT KIND of weight is critical too. Because all fat isn’t the...
If you had your way, you’d forget your arthritis even existed. You’d go ahead and live your life on your own terms. But arthritis won’t let that happen. Instead, it insists on reminding you of its painful presence all day long. Opening a jar, grasping a knitting needle, or tying a shoe can all lead...
The holidays are headed our way like a speeding bullet. Sure, this may be the most wonderful time of year. But it’s also one of the most stressful. Between social obligations and shopping, it’s really no wonder that by the time we hit New Year’s Eve we’re exhausted and ready to rip our hair out....